cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material master - sale org1-Plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends I am currently practising SD on a training server

I have created everything from scratch plant , company code etc etc and done all the assignments....In sales area data -shipping tab-i have asigned delivering plant as 0010 but now in material master -sales org1-in the org levelss window the plant comess as something else automatically...I am not able to change it(the sales org and dist chan can be changed)....plss tell me the reason for the same ...

thanking you

maddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the assignments of Sales and Distribution.

As u had copied some organizational elements from the standard one, they will also get copied.

And also while doing the assignments, u have to check that the assignments have been done to our organizational elements. We have to delete the others.

Check this.

Mohan

Award points if it adds information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do agree with MBS, and to add to the point, do check your Assignment as in IDES people generally copy the standard CO and sometimes your plant may get assigned to other company code as well. Ditto goes for Dch and Division. so i would suggest you to check the assignment as well and correct it.

Reward if helpful

Thanks

Adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr MMB the plant is selected in the mentioned sequence only in the Sales order(plss correct me if i am wrong).......but in this case I am trying to assign plant in the Material master which i havent done and it automatically has selected a plant diff to the one i have opted for in the customer master.......Pls do enlighten me if i seem ignorant

maddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Now u do one thing go to mm01 T-Code enter the in the material screen u enter the material which u have already created n in the copy from field enter the same material which u have created.

now enter system will pop up one screen showing copy from n copy to

enter the SO DC n plant( the plant which automatically picks) n in to field enter which plant u wanted to appear in the material master record n same sales org n DC. then enter.

n save it

now check whether same problem comes

Regards

MBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii i just checked back in the material master and the organizational level box on the first mm screen ---which had palnt and storage location . When i tried to enter my plant and sto loc it says that the company code that i have assigned to the plant doestn exist or is not fully maintained ....i chkd img to c if plant has been assigned to the company ---it has been assigned!!!! dunno whatss wrng

Former Member
0 Kudos

In customisation you have assigned wrong plant to the company code please delete the wrong plants to your company code and assign ur plant and try

if u find any further problem call me on 9866077949

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello frndss i have tried verifying everything i went and checked if plant is assigned to the company code-which it is...............i went to FA and checked global parameters-assigned chart of accounts (which i had not doen earlier)................lastly went to Img MM and maintained company codes for MM.....................after all this it has accepted my plant...........

1)Plant assigned to Company code

2) FA - check global parameters(aasign chart of accs)

3) MM- company codes for MM

once all this is assigned it will accept your plant(for a company code):-)

Thank u all for your time

Maddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maddy,

SAP system picks up plant at the following level in teh following priority -

1) CUSTOMER MASTER INFO RECORD

2)CUSTOMER MASTER RECORD

3)MATERIAL MASTER RECORD

OR

4) ALL THE ABOVE 3 OPTIONS CAN BE OVERWRITTEN BY GIVING THE DELVIERY PLANT MANUALLY AT THE PLANT LEVEL.

the sequence is hardcoded.........

therefore..........pls check you master records where it is picking from

Reward if helps

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please try this out. When u r creating Material Master Record. First select the views then select the organisational levels. In the organisational level u enter ur plant, storage location, Sales org, Distribution Channel.

I think now u can go ahead with it

Reward if it really helps u

Regards

MBS