cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting PB 9 classic app to .Net winforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a powerbuilder 9 app and we are converting that to .net.  To do this, I am following the below approach:

1.  Convert powerbuilder 9 app to powerbuilder classic 12.5. - Completed successfully.

2.  Convert powerbuilder classic 12.5 app to powerbuilder.net 12.5 app. - In progress, with build errors.

3.  Create .Net dlls in pb.net 12.5

4.  Refer pb.net 12.5 dlls in .Net winforms project to reuse the existing forms and the code. - Pending.

In step 2, I am facing issues for building the app successfully.  After conversion, I got the below errors:

1.  There is a functionality to create excel sheet.  After conversion, there is an error at the below line.

- workbook.Sheets(1).CELLS[1,8].columnwidth=9

- Error C0014: Undefined variable: columnwidth

2.  There is an error at GOTO statement.

- Syntax/statement in the code:  GOTO IssuerLtrsOnly1,       IssuerLtrsOnly1:

- Error:  No label 'IssuerLtrsOnly1' within the scope of the GoTo statement.

I commented the above lines to see the successful build.  Unfortunately, below is the error i got again and with this error I am unable to find the location of the error.  On double click of the error, it is not pointing to the error location after target corecompile.

Target CoreCompile

Csc: Error CS1510 u_apol_nv_wizard.uf_display_step(II) (23,67): A ref or out argument must be an assignable variable

Could anyone suggest me on this ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might want to post this over in the PowerBuilder Developer Center.