cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server error when upgrading to Afaria 7 SP2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am installing a test Afaria on a Windows 2008 server SP2 virtual machine, with an SQL Server 2012 database on the same VM.

The install of Afaria 7 and of the SP1 update went fine and Afaria SP1 runs properly. However, whenever I try to upgrade the Afaria Server to SP2, I get the error below.

I've tried a full reinstall and got the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Cédric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The above error mostly appears when we try to install using the same database and previous setup not is not install properly or not proper database details or roles define to database as per the afaria database guideline. .

Few question

1. any reason you are not installing afaria sp4 version ,you are working on test server so you can try with the new version afaria 7 sp4 , You need to create new database and install afaria 7sp4.

2. Afaria database supported  list. ( i am not sure but what i know it don't support  SQLserver 12 )

• SAP SQL Anywhere 12
  • SAP SQL Anywhere 11 
  • Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Datacenter edition
  • Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise edition
  • Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard edition
  • Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Enterprise edition
  • Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Standard edition
  • Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise edition
  • Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard edition
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For 1, I had the various SP patches downloaded but not a full SP4 package. I was not aware this was available, if it is I'll indeed try it. However I will need to perform Afaria upgrades on other servers so I still need to solve this issue.

For 2, where did you find the list you are posting? I had not seen it. I'll try installing SQL Server 2008 instead.

Thanks

Cédric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Upgrade to Afaria 7 SP4 is supported from Afaria 7 SP2 and Afaria 7 SP3.

You can download hotfix , document from frontline.sybase.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had seen that upgrades were supported from SP2 and SP3. However is it possible to directly install SP4? Or failing that SP2 or SP3? The SP4 download I have seems to be only a patch to install on top of an existing install, not a full installer.

Thanks

Cédric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a new database start with Afaria 7 sp3 and upgrade to afaria sp4 .

Make sure to install the component ( Iphone server , portal package )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, it seems to have worked.

Can you point me to a reference document specifying the compatible databases like you listed in your first post?

Thanks

Cédric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On page 12 u can find supported DB's

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60aa4412-d387-2f10-d097-dc551c19e...

I hope it will will help you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to check system requirement document available in frontline.sybase.com

Answers (0)