SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub asset deriving Main Asset FM assignments

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi :

I am facing an issue. I have few assets whose finance source are multiple , public funds and internal funds both. I have proposed sub asset creation of main asset for consuming grant budget but issue is sub asset is taking main asset FM account assignments, i have unchecked copy for time dependent fields in relevant screen layout of asset class but still system does not overwrite FM account assignment when creating sub asset of main asset. I am using FMDT_READ_MD_ASSET to derive FM account assignment based on user temp field as asset class and cost center or IO.  What i see in trace , system assigns main asset cost center to sub asset in trace despite of the fact that i have entered a statistical IO and cost center in AS11 whose derivation rules are in place. Once i save asset , i also tried re deriving button in AS02 but system doing nothing. In detailed trace log system stops at cost center based derivation of main asset , if i deactivate it temporarily , system derives nothing.

Please guide me what can be the issue

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atif,

Why don't you show us the details of the derivation rule that uses FMDT_READ_MD_ASSET (the screen prints that shows the scource fields and target fields). I don't see how you can use this rule in asset creation. It is meant for posting transactions with asset. For example when creating a PO with asset, system will use that rule to derive FM account assignment based on the asset master for the PO line. It is very similar to a table lookup.

Regards,

Ming

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atif,

Why don't you show us the details of the derivation rule that uses FMDT_READ_MD_ASSET (the screen prints that shows the scource fields and target fields). I don't see how you can use this rule in asset creation. It is meant for posting transactions with asset. For example when creating a PO with asset, system will use that rule to derive FM account assignment based on the asset master for the PO line. It is very similar to a table lookup.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi Ming:

I am using this Function module to derive FM account assignment since a long time. I have assigned USERTEMP1 to Asset class in this Function module and then in another derivation rule i am deriving FM account assignment based on this USERTEMP1 and Cost center or IO. Screen shot of function module is attached for your reference.

0 Kudos

So, this rule is used to populate the usertemp1 only. Please show the details of the rule that uses usertemp1 and CC to derive FC.

0 Kudos

I just did a simplified test in my system - use FMDT_READ_MD_ASSET to derive CC and use a derivation rule to derive FC from CC. As I said FMDT_READ_MD_ASSET is meant for transaction; that is why the first source field is PSTNG_DATE. Now that you want to use this rule for master data creation, there is going to be no posting date. So, you need to blank out that field. 

0 Kudos

Hello Ming:

Attached image is showing the source and target field of derivation rule that is based on Function module mentioned earlier. Please note that if empty posting date system stops deriving FM account assignments.

I again my describe my issue as per my first screen shot. My main asset was 13/5567 whose cost center was CUF1003061 and Asset class was Z400. System correctly derived its FM account assignment when i created it based on the rules i have told you.

Next when i try to create its sub asset with Internal order whose derivation rule is also in place to derive FM account assignments different from the its main asset one but system as can be seen in trace which is for sub asset creation derives cost center of main asset and stops at cost center based derivation rule. In screen layout for asset master data i have unchecked copy check for sub asset cost center, fund,fund center and grant but still system derives FM account assignment based cost center as it is fetching cost center in trace log instead of the entered internal order and its cost center.

Regards

0 Kudos

All right, I did another test for you. I deactivated every sigle derivation rule in my system and built just the two rules as showed by you. And they worked perfectly no mater whether it was main asset or subasset. One thing I have to clarify: cost center has to be entered when creating asset. These two rules do not derive cost center; They derive Fund/FC/CI based on usertemp1 and cost center.Based on your issue description, you must have some other rules that derives cost center. You can analyse trace log, expend all the highlighted rules to see which one is interfering. If you have some user exit hidden somewhere, you'll have to look deeper.