cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong capitalization in CJ88

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We have observed that when we execute CJ88 for WBS element using "Partial capitalization", the values posted on fixed asset is different in different depreciation areas. For example, in settlement rule we have assigned fixed asset FA1 = 1000 USD.

After running CJ88, following postings are displayed in TC AW01N:

Depreciation area: 40

TType 331 = 963.43

TType 336 = 36.57

Total = 1000

Depreciation area: 90

TType 331 = 963.43

TType 336 = 22.68

Total = 986.11

Can you provide your point of view why the values in TType 336 in DA 90 has been calculated in this manner?

The differences are coming only when the settlement is done through CJ88 and not when we post values manually.

Awaiting for your input.

Thanks and regards,

Narender.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have found that the error was due to a custom delopment. This is the root cause.

Thanks and regards,

Narender.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narender,

Depreciation keys maintained in distribution areas 40 and 90 would be different. check the multilevel method in those depreciation keys. asset depreciation calculation happens based on the % maintained in the multilevel method. better to discuss further with you FI consultant. i think nothing wrong in cj88 settlement.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nag,

Thanks for your input. Can you please help me to identify where I can find the link between Depreciation area and Depriciation key?

Thanks and regards,

Narender.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nag,

The depreciation key is assigned in Asset master data. But this is same for both depreciation areas. hence, I am sure this will not be the reason for error.

Looking for more input and looking into different direction.

Thanks and regards,

Narender.