cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add inbound delivey to a PO type_ how to configure?

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to add inbound delivery to a po type, what should I do?

I'm new in MM configuration. I configured a new po type in demo system and expect it to be a po type that requires inbound delivery. Before asking this questions, I searched this place and found discussion like . seems it's not completed. more need to be done.

As far as I know, I also need to configure something in Logistic E..>> delivery>>shipping...

Would some nice person explain the big picture and detail of this topic to me?

Highly appreciated.

B.T.W It's my first time to ask question here.Thanks to much of your contribution, it's not the first time to get answer here.

Thank you

Xue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Wang,

Path: SPRO - Materials - Purchasing - Confirmation:

1. First of all the Inbound Delivery have to configure the External and Internal Confirmation Categories LA along with Delivery Type (EL).

2. Confirmation control code (0004) needs to be configure for inbound delivery (LA) and then you can the confirmation sequence whether it is MRP Relevant or GR Relevant or GR Assignment. 

Once above configuration is completed below process needs to be configured.

Path: SPRO - Logistic Execution - Shipping - Deliveries - Define Order Confirmations for Inbound Deliveries:

Here you can assign the Purchasing Order type along with Purchasing Category + Plant + Storage Location + Confirmation Control key (0004 - Inbound Delivery).

Regards,

Karna J   

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member201529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below mentioned path can help you to maintained PO types with Inbound deliveries, before do any ABAP activities kindly check whether the below configuration is helping you.

Path: SPRO - Logistic Execution - Shipping - Deliveries - Define Order Confirmations for Inbound Deliveries:

Here you can assign the Purchasing Order type along with Purchasing Category + Plant + Storage Location + Confirmation Control key (0004 - Inbound Delivery).

Regards,

Karna J  

former_member619089
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you cannot make it with master data or configuration. You need to take the help of ABAP and write a code in the exit to make it default for particular document type.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to the above settings you can active the Flag for Confirmation Control in your Vendor Master and Purchase Info Record so as to pick confirmation control Key automatically.

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please assign the delivery type against your confirmation

SPRO-->Material Management -->Purchasing-->Confirmations -->Define Internal Confirmation Categories.

If it is for testing then use sap std one here.

0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for answering; however I didn't see any content in Define Internal Confirmation Categories is relevant to a certain PO type. How do I related inbound delivery to my newly created PO type?

let me give an example.

My new po type is ZXXX. whenever I want to receive goods for this type of purchase order ZXXX,  I need to create inbound delivery. No need to add confirmation key creating PO type( someone mentioned to me that it's possible to put confirmation key for asking inbound delivery when creating a PO) . 

I'm still not clear about the relationship of each step for configuring inbound delivery. Would be nice if  someone could recommend some configuration guide or concept explanation material about this function.

Thanks in advance.

Xue

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can define default confirmation control key in below path for your document type.

SPRO > Logistics Execution > Shipping > Deliveries > Define Order Confirmations for Inbound Deliveries >