cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insert candidate object option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am using .unx universe on HANA DB for webi creation. Now some changes have been made in data source, so i need to refresh data foundation layer and business layer then republish it. I refresh the structure in data foundation layer.

Now i want to refresh my business layer also . From SDN i got the answer that i can do it using insert candidate option. But i am not able to find the option while right clicking business layer.

Data foundation layer is showing updated columns, but business layer is showing old one.

I am using:

Information Design Tool 4.1

Build: 14.1.1.1036

Version: 4.1 Support Pack 1

Please provide me valuable information.

Thanks in Advance......

Vaishali Wadhwa.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you on top of BW on HANA. If not insert candiadate object is not available in your case..

Inserting candidate objects applies only to business layers that are based on multisource-enabled data

foundations on SAP NetWeaver BW connections. The Insert Candidate Objects command detects

objects that have been added to the data source since the business layer was created, or since the

business layer was last updated with the Insert Candidate Objects command. The command detects

new objects using the SAP NetWeaver BW strategy.

Check the IDT user guide page 292 for details

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/sbo41sp2_info_design_tool_en.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Durgamadhab,

Thank you for your response. I am directly connected to Hana Database . not using sap Net-Weaver BW connection.

Agree that in my case insert candidate object option will not come but can you please tell me how to refresh business layer then. Because if i will not refresh it , whenever some modeling change will come i have to create my report again.

Thanks and Regards....

Vaishali Wadhwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no automatic way to refresh business layer... If a table name got changed affecting lot of objects then you can use find replace to fix all the objects in one go... And do a check integrity a fix the objects failing in the check manually..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaishali,

I am running into same issues and since "Insert Candidate Objects" is not available for single source relational universe on top of HANA View following is the workaround I am using.

1. Refresh the Data Foundation.

2. Change the data foundation in Business Layer (and point the same updated Data Foundation)

3. Create a custom object in the Business Layer and map the new object from Data Foundation

4. Republish universe.

Thanks,
Rajan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Vaishali,

I was also facing the same kind of situation and found a work around.

1.Create a new Dimesion or measure in Business Layer.

2.From data foundation click on the new object which is added.

3.Drag that object on the dimension or measure you have created and place under the new dimension object created.

Directly dragging and dropping added object from data foundation into the object pane also works.

It worked for this way for me and hopefully it should work for you as well.

Thanks and Regards

Karthik Kumar C V