cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Stock dependent on Vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Does anyone know if you can control whether stock is inspection stock or unrestricted dependent on the vendor ?

I know you can do this using QM info records but we don't want to use inspection lots for one of the scenarios. So we would want:

• material A / vendor A combination creating inspection lots ...

• material A / vendor B - creating QI stock but no inspection lots.

I'm guessing that the only way to do this would be messing around with movement types, which we would prefer to avoid.

Cheers

Alistair

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alistair,

for same scenario we have created separate QI records and for material A / vendor A,  QI inspection control will be Inspection active. for material A / vendor B keep setting as a NO INSPECTION. rather than creating inspection lot put control on batch status. i.e. set batch status as a RESTRICTED.

Rahul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul

Thanks for your reply.

Are you suggesting that we would then block the material A / vendor B  at time of GR or is there a different way. We would be looking to block everytime so a vendor level parameter would be preferable.

Regards

Alistair

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The issue I see is that you want to place stock into QI without an inspection lot.

That cannot be done because you'll have a stock relevant inspection type activated for the material in order to create inspection lots for those vendors you want to inspect.  This prevents you from having stock in QI without having an inspection lot.  This is a pretty basic rule in QM and I'm not sure how you would get around.

My best suggestion would be utilize a user exit like

QAAT0002 Control of acceptance lots/goods receipt                   

Use this maybe to block the creation of the lot.  You might be able to use this to also change the batch status to restricted for batch manged materials.  Instead of doing a material movement to post the stock from QI to UR, you would use MSC2n to change the batch status and make it available.

Those vendors needing inspection get a regular normal inspection lot created.  Those that don't will have the batch status set to restricted and the insp. lot creation suppressed.  You could maybe use a characteristic on the vendor classification to list the materials not requiring inspection, just release.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alistair,

NO, Perform GR as per your practice. for material A / vendor B restrict the batch with status RESTRICTED. it will save your efforts to create a inspection lot. I think it will serve your purpose for material A / vendor B

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Alistair,

You have to create Info record for both Material-Vendor Combination.

for material A / vendor B "No inspection" will be set.

and select "Post to Inspection Stock" field in "Purchasing" view in Material Master.

You will have to clear this stock using MB1B.

I have not tested this, But I hope this should work.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Amol

Thanks for the reply. I understand your suggestion but surely once you have selected the "post to inspection stock" flag in Purchasing, it would mean that you can't enter an inspection type so you wouldn't be able to create inspectin lots for material A / vendor A ?

What do you think ?

regards

Alistair

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alistair,

What I tested is I assigned an Inspection type in QM View while "Post to Insp. Stock" is flagged in Purchasing view.

I also set QI info record for material A / vendor B with "No inspection".

At MIGO stock type was shown "Quality Inspection". But after Posting that Material document Stock was posted to "Unrestricted".

That means, If you flag "Post to Insp. Stock" In Purchasing and also assign an inspection type, System does not consider settings at Purchasing view.

Amol.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You'd still have an inspection lot to process even though the stock passes through to UR.  Plus you'd still have to use development to assign one inspection type for vendor A and another inspection type for vendor B.

Craig