cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to update Password Dynamicaly in FTP sender channel?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In my requirement, the password of FTP server will be changed every 15 days.For that,I need to change Password of FTP sender channel on the same interval.Is there any way to maintain password dynamically in the FTP channel by referring tables or any??

Thanks,

Madhusudhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As above said ,there is no standard feature available to reset password dynamically as of now in PI file communication channel.

If it is in production environment ask the respective source/target system to create and share the unexpired credentials .Don't accept the credentials which expires in production environment .

It might be possible by developing complex work around in PI  using Directory API ,but it is not recommended approach .Keep in mind that for any change in PROD you need to get approval from business .

Regards

Venkat

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu - May be you can make use of the directory API here.

Please check the below blog on the same. This is one approach where parameters are being updated using an excel.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2013/12/02/tool-to-update-large-number-of-co...

You can develop something simillar to that schedule a job which will call your java program for every 15 days to update the password. You can even further enhance it trigger an email after the successfull execution.

Another set-

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2008/10/20/directory-api-development--part-1...

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Madhusdhan,

I dont know any standard way because i think there isn't any ASMA variable for that. You can do a module adapter that search the password via file or RFC. You can take Amit Srivastava's blog like begining for the module but you would need to develop the password search.

Regards.