Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigne Workstation Application to Document Type

dunky
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to create a JPG document (TR CV01N) and when I open the original file, the system opens a dialog window with the Applications available but doesn't appear the Application I need (LIM). How can I assigne a the workstation application LIM to a document type?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar and for for the benefit of others,

After assigning Workstation Application (LIM) with File extensions in DC30, we need to assign document type to workstation via configuration 'Set Up Workstation Application for Thumbnails (Images)'.

Say 'LIM' to <Doc Type>.

Note:

When displaying thumbnails, the system first takes the first Customizing entry.

If the document of this document type has no image of this format, the system checks the next Customizing entry.

If there are no images with the formats defined in Customizing, no thumbnail is displayed.

Regards,

Nishi.M

dunky
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Sorry if my explications are not clear enough. The application LIM is already created but I can't choose it for a determinated document type when I try to upload the jpg file. I need to assigne LIM to an specific Document Type.

Thanks.

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Oscar,

First decide to which document type ( like  DRW etc.) want to assign LMI work application from CV01n .  Follow the steps like ...  description, doc.status and than go for create original its prompts for application choose LIM ( which is extension with JPG)  from the list. Next upload a file from the desktop and click on green button after choose content storage area . Document will be store in to content server.

Regards,

chandu.

dunky
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Chandu.

That's no the problem. The problem is that when I try to create an original, in every document type, the LIM application doesn't appear as an option to choose. I figure that i need to assigne the LIM application to a document type (DRW, YBO, etc.) in Customizing.

Thanks.

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you  post DC30 settings of LIM.

regards,

chandu

dunky
Active Participant
0 Kudos
ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just try to maintain .jpg in only 'LIM' workstation application & try to create original.

And you can also define 'Default workstation application'  LIM for an document type in DC10.

Regards,

Ravi

dunky
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Wether I define LIM as a Default workstation application, I won't be able to choose another workstation as an option for the document. The system won't ask me for options. It would be the way to create especific Z document types but I want to assigne a Worksation as an option for a Document Type.

Thanks.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case, just delete the entry LIM in DC30 & recreate.

Regards,

dunky
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't need to delete the entry because I've not assigned LIM as a default workstation. However, the system, when I try to create a document type X, offers me 4 options to choose as Workstation. Of course no one of them is the LIM one. Neither be able to see, in DC30, where are assigned theese 4 workstation to the Document Type X.

Thanks.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We cannot assign workstation applications to document type, this is decided by the system based on the file extension uploaded in DIR.

Can you just explain further in details.

Does the workstation application options are coming once you create the original?

If yes, then which extension file you are uploading?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Oscar,

Workstation Application (LIM) need to be created in DC30 and File extensions need to be assigned as mentioned by Aseem ur Rehman .

Regards,

Hassan

0 Kudos

dear Oscar

Hi

go transection DC30 "define workstation application" select LIM double clik this entry. in file format enter "*.jpg" this field can handle multiple entries.

Regards