SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduce number of levels in active dunning procedure

0 Kudos

Hello all,

Current situation:

I have a dunning procedure with three levels:

1- reminder

2- notice by registered mail

3- notice by regular mail

After the third level, dunning stops.

New situation:

1 - reminder

2- notice by regular mail

Pretty basic and easy setup, but I don't know what will happen with the items that are already in dunning level 3.

Does anybody have any experience with this? I'll test this of course, but would like to get some insight before we start building.

Regards

Dieter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deiter,

I don't think there will any impact on the items which are already in dunning level 3.

Once the new rules are implemented, there will be nothing new coming into level 3 and items at level 3 will sit there as it is for ever.

However, the challenge is how to trigger the existing items which are at level 2 at the time of cutover to trigger the new activity-Notice by Regular mail at the same level; if at all there is a requirement for that

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deiter,

I don't think there will any impact on the items which are already in dunning level 3.

Once the new rules are implemented, there will be nothing new coming into level 3 and items at level 3 will sit there as it is for ever.

However, the challenge is how to trigger the existing items which are at level 2 at the time of cutover to trigger the new activity-Notice by Regular mail at the same level; if at all there is a requirement for that

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for the feedback.

Important point I forgot to mention is that the dunning no longer stops at the final level. We keep sending the customer reminders for the full amount as long as the amount level is not reached. This means I need to dun including the items that are currently at level 3.

I guess I'll just have to see if it works and if not I can probably do something in event 304 to fix this.

0 Kudos

Hi Dieter,

My understanding is, you have some items at Dunning Level 3(Final Level) and you want to follow up on those items as well.

If a Item has gone to DL3, then we might have written off the open items. Please check if you have written off the amount. You need to bring back these written off amounts to open item to carry out dunning.

My suggestion:

1) Bring back the open item from write-off.

2) Have a program to change the DL from 3 to 2.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Rajessh