Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to point su3 to customized tcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Got one issue trying to figure out..

In SAP screen, if we click on System -> User Profile -> Own Data, we will be directed to SU3 screen..

From a similar, how can we direct the user to go to customized screen instead of SU3..

Appreciate further advice..

Thanks....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not a good idea..

What is wrong with SU3?

CHeers,

JUlius

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not a good idea..

What is wrong with SU3?

CHeers,

JUlius

0 Kudos

the requirement is to have display only on those field under Work Center on Address tab.. I have created a transaction variant zsu3 with those fields are display only.. so the plan is to grant only zsu3 to users instead of su3.. but with that also, user can still go to su3 from System -> User Profile -> Own Data.. so now trying to point this Own Data to zsu3 instead of su3.. I have googled but cant find solution so far.. appreciate any advice .. Thanks..

0 Kudos

You could then try a transaction variant instead of variant transaction as that keeps the tcode, but that won't actually work. Reason is that navigating back and forth calls DIALOGs, so you loose your screen variant settings again. That is at least the case with the parameters tab.

You could give address data a try too using SHD0. You dont need an ABAP for that.

Cheers,

Julius

Frank_Buchholz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Using a Transaction Variant (see transction SHD0) is the correct way to restrict the scope of a Transaction. Usually you simply add the corresponding Variant Transaction into a role menu to show it to users.

However, in case of the menu path "System -> User Profile -> Own data" this does not work as you cannot modify this standard menu.

Well, just a final step in SDH0 was missing: Declare the Transaction Variant as the "Standard Transaction Variant" and you always get it whenever you execute the original transaction.

If you still want to use the original transaction, than you can create another Transaction Variant, e.g. ZSU3_ORIGINAL. You first create the Transaction Variant in SHD0, than you create a cross-client Variant Transaction in SE93.

Kind regards

Frank Buchholz

0 Kudos

Problem with SU3 (as with SU51 etc) is that switching back and forth between the tabs uses CALL SUBSCREEN so it will always return to the standard screen.

Cheers,

Julius

Frank_Buchholz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

I do not get your point: I've created a Standard Transaction variant for SU3 in SHD0.

Now I happily can switch between tabs in SU3 always getting the restricted screen.

Caution: you cannot create variants for SU0 / SU50, SU1 /SU51, SU2 / SU52 as these transactions are already Variant Transactions. You have to refer to SU3. 

Kind regards

Frank

0 Kudos

Yes, you are correct. It was the attempt to create a variant transaction and pass the variant which failed due to the subsequent subscreen calls. A transaction variant (other way around) works though as the standard screen is set and that is the one which is modified.

</confusion>  🙂

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Could you advise how to declare the Transaction Variant as the "Standard Transaction Variant"?

Thanks..

0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I have managed to do it now.. awesome!

Many thanks.. You're the man!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Azrul

As Julius mentioned ,Its not a gud idea,

But an ABAP programmer can help you on this