cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the use of giving service file when Easy Web Transaction is created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

When we create a transaction code type as Easy Web Transaction, the "Service" field which is next to "Easy Web Transaction" radio button is opened for input.

What is the use of this "Service"

Regards,

H.K.Hayath Basha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Manish,

Thanks. I tried the suggestion which you gave with slight modification and its working fine.

I created a IView for the service file and attached it to the role directly.

In our system we have two portal roles ESS_ROLES and HR_ROLES. In ESS roles we have programs like leave application and update personnel particulars. I have created IView for these program and attached it to workset and attached the workset to the portal Roles ESS_ROLES.

HR_ROLES, will have various SAP R/3 roles attached for example ZR3_ROLE_LEAVE, ZR3_ROLE_APPOINTMENT,ZR3_ROLE_EXIT. When a portal user id is created he will have these two portal roles only and based on his R/3 authorization the user may see Leave or Appointment or EXIT as a subfolder under the Portal Roles HR_ROLES. These Roles appear in the IPanel area of portal. Now we have a service file and i want to add this service file as a link in the IPanel area. Is it possible to do that.

Hai Jothi,

Thanks for the explanation.

Regards,

H.K.Hayath Basha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear hayath,

The roles that you will create in R/3 and attach to the user through SU01 will not have an effect in portal.

E.G. you have a R/3 zr3_role_appointment attached to the ess user in R/3 but the following iview is not available in portal then he will not be able to view the services attached to the R/3 role.

Similarly if you have not assigned R/3 role for leave to the user but the link is available to the user in portal then he will get an error of no authorisation.

So try and keep the R/3 roles separate from the portal roles.

Also regarding attaching the service file to the service areas and menus follow the following steps:

goto SPRO-> personnel managment->employee-self-service->hompage for self-services-> here just read the documentation under each node and do the configuration it is self explainatory.

Hope this solves your doubt. i would also appreciate some points

Best Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Thanks For the Information.

Is there anyway that a service file can be called when a transaction code associated with that file is called.

Currently i have a service file and i have created a IView based which if IAC type and i attached this to ESS transaction. I have a requirement in which i have to attach this service file with R/3 roles. This is i have role called ZHR_ROLE, in which i have added PA30, MM01 and some ZTRANSACTION code now i want to have a service file link in this ZHR_ROLE.

Thanks & Regards,

H.K.Hayath Basha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If you have the authorization for the transaction you will also have the authorisaton for the service file.

Service file is just a way of calling the transaction.

Using R/3 role and iview for making this link available on portal will not help.

What you need to do is create a iview attach it to a page, page to the workset and then attach the workset to the role and make this role available to the portal user.

All this has to be done at portal level.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The service file keeps the parameters used by the transaction. E.g. Userid,

password, systemid

Choice of implementation model

The application developer now can decide which type of implementation model that allow users to run R/3 dialog transactions directly from a Web browser he is going to use:

§

Web Transactions

The template-based model, where you convert R/3 transactions to Internet Application Components (IACs) by creating the services, HTML templates (one per R/3 transaction screen), and other ITS files yourself.
§

SAP GUI for HTML

The model based on dynamic page generation, that automatically maps the screen elements inR/3 transactions to HTML, using HTMLBusiness functions inside the ITS.

Rgds,

Jothi.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating an easy web transaction it is assumed that you will create an internet service for the same which would be available on the internet.

so after creating an EWT we create an internet service through SE80 and SICF transaction and specify here.

It is not mandatory and it does not matter if you give or not as it does not affect any functionality. it is simply used to keep track of the service file attached to the transaction.

Generally the Service file name and the name of the transaction are kept same.

Regards,

manish