cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error uploading custom action jar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to upload a Custom action jar file in MII 12.1. I am trying to upload it in assembly file section. But I am getting error as:

"Assembly file is missing file catalog.xml, which configures the action.".

The same custom action block gets deployed smoothly on MII 12.2.

Pls help me with the same.

Regards,

Minakshi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Minakshi,

This error generally comes, when the catalog.xml file is not present in the immediate folder. You can see that by extracting your JAR file in a folder and see when you open the folder the catalog.xml file is present there or not.

I think it is not there that's why you facing the issue.

Best Regards

Nirjar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirjar,

I cannot find any catalog.xml file in my jar file. The jar that I am using is tested in MII 12.2 but I am not sure for MII 12.1. What is content of this catalog.xml? I am working first time on MII 12.1 so I rarely have idea about this. Pls help if you could provide any details.

Regards,

Minakshi

0 Kudos

Hi Minakshi,

As Catalog.xml is missing, so you wont be able to import the custom action in MII 12.1.

For your reference, I have attached a specimen of catalog.xml file from sample CustomAction.jar file. Basically, Catalog.xml file contains information to identify the CustomAction i.e. AsemblyName, ClassName, Type ..etc .If possible, can you please attach your JAR file.

Best Regards

Nirjar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirjar,

The jar is actually not developed by me. So I am not sure regarding pasting that.

Thanks for sharing about catalog.xml . I figured out that my catalog.xml file is present in my assembly jar file.

Anyways, I have figured out my problem. As in MII 12.2, I was trying to upload the zip folder of jars and not separately as required in MII 12.1. I am now unzipping the zip file and uploading the main jar as assembly file and other jars as dependency files. Its works in this way.

Thanks.

Regards,

Minakshi.

Answers (0)