cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populate actual start date on release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a requirement in our project that the system should populate the Master WBS Actual Start Date when the user changes the status to Released.

The issue is that the actual start date is disabled & will only get enabled for changes once the WBS is released and save. Hence our program doesn’t allow the population of this date during the release.

Has anybody come across such scenario? Can someone tell me how this can be handled?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Dhwni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Any inputs on the above issue?

Please let me know

Thanks

Regards,

Dhwni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone please provide the inputs?

Regards,

Dhwni

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you pls tell us the the purpose of maintaining the same date in two places? I belive you are not using networks in your structure.

Use the enhancement at time of SAVE of WBS element.

Refer to below link http://scn.sap.com/thread/2020988

At time of SAVE, check for the status of WBS element and then trigger your action.

Alternatively, you can have a batch program which will look at the REL status of WBS elements with in predefined time frame and sets the actual start date using function module. This can reduce the load on structure as on every release/ save system avoids hitting the exit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

The problem is that the field "actual start" date is editable only once the WBS is released, i.e. the status REL has to be stored in database so that we can edit/automatically populate the values in field "actual start" date.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks

Regards,

Dhwni Patel

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once you click REL and then try to SAVE, the status REL will be available in structures for triggering any functionality. Go debugging while SAVING the WBS, you can see the status set on WBS as REL. Also you may trigger an even on SAVE, which will set the actual start date on WBS.

Other work around is RELEASE the WBS and save it. Run a batch program with frequency which will pick up the data of all WBS elements which are released, using a FM you can now change the start date.
You can check these with your technical developer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghvebdra,

The problem is not the trigger, but the greyed out field of "actual start" date which is not editable during the trigger.

Any more suggestion?

Regards,

Dhwni

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhwni,

You can complete "Actual Start Date" when WBS is released but before saving. Could you recheck this?

You can develop your requeriment creating an event that is executed when the WBS is released ( for me the best option)

In a BADI that is executed when WBS is released.

You can do it using the standard substitutions ( but you need to develop the routine that check when the WBS has been released)

Regards,

Clara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara & Seshagiri,

Thanks for the reply.

My ABAPer have tried various enhancement spots, BADI etc to meet this requirement. However there was no success.

@ Clara:  What do you mean by "You can complete "Actual Start Date" when WBS is released but before saving" ? Can you elaborate?

Thanks

Regards,

Dhwni Patel

former_member218047
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patil,

You may get by Enhancement, kindly check with your ABAPer.

Lets wait for other suggestions by experts.

Regards,

Seshagiri