Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing RFC authorization during client copy

conrad_thonger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I'm running into an odd issue but I suspect I'm missing something obvious which someone will have no problems correcting me on.

I have created a new client in our development system, connected with the default SAP* user, set up an RFC destination to a test system (with an account that has authorization to access the test system) and started a SAP_ALL remote client copy.

During the copy, while I'm monitoring, I'm seeing the message "No RFC authorization in target system for process 00001".  Since this is a new client, there isn't an actual user in the system at this point, and therefore no authorizations set outside what the SAP* account has by default.

I have also tried the client copy again after performing a SAP_USER client copy (which worked without issues) and using one of the users brought down during that copy which had the SAP_ALL profile.  That user is also seeing the same messages in the log for the SAP_ALL client copy.

I'm wondering about the account perhaps needing the S_RFC_ADM authorization object, but I'm not sure why this message would be appearing only on some of the tables (375 of 5,292 copied so far) and not all of them.  The tables aren't even from one component, but a cross section of them.

Does anyone have any thoughts?  So far my research has not been too fruitful but I'm not quite ready to give up and send a message to SAP Support on this.

Thanks in advance,

Conrad Thonger

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

pls check below links

Regards

Nayeem

conrad_thonger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Greetings Nayeem,

Thank you for the links, though I'm a bit confused why you'd link me back to this message as one of them.  The other link isn't even close to the issue I'm trying to solve.

Thanks,

Conrad

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
conrad_thonger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Greetings Reagan,

Thank you for the notes.  Neither one had the answer I was looking for, but there are a lot reference notes attached so I'll spend some time hunting through them to see if they might have the answers I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Conrad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Conrad,

Please refer to SAP note 116787,  Question 4, Since Release 4.5A, the authorization S_TABU_RFC is additionally required in the source clients..

Thanks,

Babu

conrad_thonger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Greetings Babu,

Thank you very much.  The account I'm using has 03 Display in the object S_TABU_RFC.  Do you know what additional activities I might need?  I doubt very much that our Security team would be willing to give me * unless I had a very good reason.

Conrad Thonger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Conrad,

Please check below link for SAP help documentation on authorizations required for Client Copy.

Authorizations (SAP Library - BC ? Client Copy and Transport (BC-CTS-CCO))

conrad_thonger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Greetings Babu,

Thank you but this document also doesn't detail the specific authorizations required on the source and target sides of the client copy.  It only talks about the authorization objects that you need, not what authorizations that need to be assigned to those objects.

It also notes that the SAP* account should have the required authorization to do what it needs to for the copy.  Obviously there is some authorization that I'm missing.  I'm going to try to execute the copy with DDIC as the RFC user to the source and see if it's something missing from my account or something more general.

Thanks,

Conrad

conrad_thonger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Greetings,

The run with DDIC executed without any errors being reported against the tables.  That account has SAP_ALL on the source system, so it's definitely some authorization missing in my account on the source.

I'll have to spend more time looking at it to figure out exactly what are the right authorizations to have to perform this without using DDIC, but for now my work around will be using an account in the RFC destination to the source that has SAP_ALL.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Conrad