Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax code in accounting entry against billing document

former_member223868
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Please see the tax code A2  in below accounting entry against a billing document. I want to know from where this tax code is coming.  As I have maintain tax category 1 in material master. I have checked VK13 also, but could not find this tax code A2. Due to this tax code excise duty is going with wrong GL. Please guide

Regards

Parkash chand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to billing document,

Check the analysis

thanks

skks

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear--It is good that you checked for the Material.

Have you checked for your Customer--tax classifications?

Go to the Tax condition type of yours which you feel wrong Tax code is derived---V/06--Records for Access---Here you see all your condition records maintained ----observe your combination of Mat+Cust Tax Classifications.

System Always go to OB40--once you give Condition category of Tax for your Condition type---It will not even search for VKOA--because if missing you can see the Error in Billing states that

"""MWS A2 missing"""

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Due to this tax code excise duty is going with wrong GL

Go to Condition tab for that billing document and double click on excise condition type.  Update here what tax code you could see there.

G. Lakshmipathi

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please, see  SAP Note 872449 - Tax determination in Sales and Distribution

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check once again in VK13, usually we maintain tax code along tax rate in vk11 only for Tax conditions types.

Coming into your GL accounts check your account determination once again whether same GL accounts been assigned or different GL accounts assigned for the respective cond types.

thanks,

Srinu.

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Check condition type ,have condition category D.

If it is D,first preference will be given to GL assigned in OB40.

Here you might not have condition category maintained for the particular condition type,so preference will be given VKOA settings,kindly check and revert

Pradeep

former_member223868
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Predeep Ji

I have checked with VKOA other values are there, and GL is correct there. But tax code A2 is not

there. Please guide where I can check this tax code with VKOA.

Regards

Parkash Chand

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Please check in OB40.

The transaction mentioned here is the account key,double click on it,enter the chart of accounts,you will be finding a/c no with Tax code ,Check there.

Pradeep