cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which CA Wily Introscope Agent to Install on Windows Server 2012

Former Member
0 Kudos

Working on configuring Solution Manager 7.1 SR1

After installing the CA Wily Introscope Enterprise Manager, it appears that you have to install the Introscope Agent. I'm looking at the Introscope Version 9 Installation Guide for SAP (7/5/2013), Chapter 4. It states that you need to deploy the ISAGENTJ5*.SCA. I'm unsure how to do that. Plus, I'm not sure if that's what I'm supposed to do. On the download site, I'm offered the following choices under: SAP Technology Components" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1" Entry by Component" Agents for managed systems:

WILY INTRO AGT 9 .NET

WILY INTRO AGT 9 MIN J5 - OS Independent

The .NET SAR file extract a few files an what appears to be an installer.exe. The JAVA SAR file extracts a subfolder called wily containing another set of subfolders and an Agent.jar. There doesn't seem to be an SCA file in either download, plus I can't find the proper instructions.

Could someone point me in the right direction? Maybe I don't even need this component?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like you have to install CA Wily Enterprise Manager 9.1.0.2, not the latest. Once you've updated Solution Manager 7.1 to SPS 08 or later, you can use the more recent version of Enterprise Manager as directed by the installation guides.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3477356

Thank you everyone for your help!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you I reread the Introscope 9 Release Notes 1565954 and saw this:

Solution Manager 7.1 up to SP08 only supports Introscope Enterprise Manager releases up to 9.1.0.x (see note 1868086).

I remember reading somewhere that I needed to install 9.1.5 and that document was probably for a newer version. So, that's probably why Solution Manager was looking for a different type of installer.

I'm going to give that a try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Software Deployment Manager GUI, I see that an ISAGENT may already be installed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you have both the version 8 and 9 agents deployed, but they're not the latest versions. You should download the latest versions from the Service MarketPlace, and install them on Solution Manger.

The latest version of the Introscope Enterprise Manager is 9.1.5 (version 9 SP15), so make sure you're using this version if you're running Windows Server 2012.

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to update the Agent 8 because there was an SDA and an inside that, an ear file.

However, the Agent 9 does not have a file extension that the Software Deployment Manager can use. I don't see a location in the usr folder with a similar folder structure than the extracted Agent 9 folder structure. So, I'm still a bit stuck on how to update the Agent 9.

I went back into the Solution Manager Configuration - Configure CA Wily Introscope. The status is now green. So, even though the documentation stated that Windows Server 2012 required CA Wily 9 Agent, I guess it only needs version 8 SP 15?

Is it ok to move on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nevermind, coming back into the office today, the status is red. The new error is:

Offline - The EM Connection cannot be established (caused by :java.sql.SQLException: Failed to establish connection to Isengard Server. Caught Exception com.wily.isengard.message.MessageUndeliverableException: Message Reply Time Out_)

I'm still researching that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please first check that the introscope is running properly.

you can find the details in the log in the below directory.

/usr/sap/CCMS/wilyintroscope/logs/IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.

Once this is good go in Solman_setup and then go to the tab System landscape data (3)

Under that there would be 3.1 Configure CA wily introscope.

click on the import existing installation.

Then give the Installation path.

/usr/sap/CCMS/wilyintroscope

and than DAA agent.

Click on  the discover installation.

then click on the user management

and give user Admin Put in password Admin89

Introscope-Enabling SAP J2EE Systems    (this can also be done at the managed system configuration section)

Note: The recommended procedure to install and customize the Introscope Agent is to use the setup wizard provided in Solution Manager Diagnostics.

Download the agent file

ISAGENT.SCA

The you need to deploy this file using SDM or telnet tool.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

The IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.log file shows that it's started but with dashboard warnings.

Also, it looks like I'm installing version 9. Perhaps I'm going to the incorrect location to install the agent. Or, it's this screen where the automatic installation fails silently and deletes the referenced  error log.

Here is where I tried the automatic installation of the Enterprise Manager:

Here's what I see on the download site.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

You need to install the SCA files using JSPM onto the Solution Manager Java stack. You can install both the Version 8 and Version 9 files at the same time. Then, when you complete the Managed System Setup Wizard for a Java system, Solution Manager will determine which version of Java is running, and then deploy the appropriate agent to the system. For the older NetWeaver instances based on Java 1.4, it will use the Wily 8 Agent, and for Java 5 / 6, it will use the Wily 9 Agent.

Hope this helps!

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please try to open the wily with full host name in the browser for wily and post the logs for wily.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason Coccia,

Seems you are stuck in very beginning itself.

Let me explain to you, In the download sites, you were able to see two nodes for wily

one is wily Intro AGT .net  - This is actually .net agent for BPC .net servers, you can refer the sap note 1126554 - Wily Introscope .NET Agent.

The other one Wily intro AGT Min J5 - This is for our typical java agents, please download the SAR files SP15 which is latest ISAGNTJ5STD15_0-20007475.SAR and deploy this SDM in java stack solution manager.

SDM Deployment can be seen in the steps here SAP Library - Development Manual

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

FQDN returns the same white page.

The IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.log is attached.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh excellent.

It doesn't sound like I need the Wily Intro AGT .net.

Thank you for showing me the SDM Deployment manual!

It looks like the SDM deployment requires a file that does not exist inside the ISAGNTJ5STD15_0-20007475.SAR. The extracted contents are:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I believe I'm using Java 5/6 because we're installing the most recent version of Solution Manager. I'll keep this in mind if I need to go back and install the previous version of CA Wily Agent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution Manager 7.1 still uses Java 4 since it is based on NetWeaver 7.02. However, it really matters what version of Java is running on your managed systems - Portal or PI for example. You can then decide which version of the agent to deploy onto Solution Manager based on that info. Again, you can install both versions, and it will be perfectly okay. Solution Manger will detect the version of Java during the Managed System Setup Wizard, and then deploy the appropriate version of the agent.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

This can be done automatically, just run the managed system configuration step 7 -> automatic configuration -> byte code adopter installation

please check

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like you're referring to step 4:

4. Launch the Introscope Setup application: SAP Solution Manager Configuration  Managed Systems Configuration  Step 7 Configure Automatically  Automatic Activity “Byte Code Adapter Installation”  “Open Java URL” (only available in edit mode). Your screen will look similar to the image below:

Step 2 is:

2. Deploy ISAGENTJ5*.SCA which is the Introscope Java Agent 9 with SDM to Solution Manager. You may need to deploy also ISAGENT*.SCA which is Introscope Java Agent 8.

Which I didn't do.

If I try to go to the step 4 location, I'm still trying to set up the basic configuration of Solution Manager. After I install the Enterprise Manager, the status in the Solution Manager Configuration is red. I figure that I need to install the agent to get this going.

The IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.log file shows that it's started but with dashboard warnings.

Going to http://localhost:6001 produces a white page.