cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP check using BAPI_SALESORDER_SIMULATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using BAPI_SALESORDER_SIMULATE  in a custom program in ECC to check the material availability in APO. I have a requirement to have a new rule/condition table in APO which should be triggered only when I pass a new flag (say ABC) as "Y" from ECC in this BAPI. Does this sound feasible and if yes, is it mandatory to have the flag ABC name exactly same on both ECC and APO side (in field catalog) ? I know, we can add a custom field in the field catalog if needed. So, to have the same name of the flag, should I add the new flag in my BAPI   EXTENSIONIN parameter and add the exact same flag in field catalog/condition table/new rule in APO ?

Appreciate any help...

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rudresh,

Your requirement can very well be achieved.

(1) Before doing this, you first need to enhance a structure in APO. /SAPAPO/KOMGO is the structure that needs to be enhanced with your zfield or the flag that you want to control the rule or condition table.

(2) Once you enhance the above structure, you should design the condition table first to consider the above added field as one of the parameters to control your rule.

(3) After both the steps, you should enhance the field field catalog and pass the value to the flag as a characteristic. Post this step, you should be able to achieve what you want.

To the best of my knowledge, you don't have to enhance the EXTENSIONIN parameter of the BAPI. Hope this helps.

Thank & Best Regards,

Babu Kilari

SCM APO Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Babu ...I don't need to add a custom field and I have identified a standard field (customer group1) from the field catalog for which I am passing a value (say Y) to APO using the BAPI_SALESORDER_SIMULATE . I have defined a new rule in APO and maintained a condition record using AO11 with this flag value (Y) and this new rule for material A (substitutes to material B)

The problem is testing this new rule to ensure it's working as expected. If I am doing the simulation for a very large quantity which is not available to confirm (CO09), will APO return an error via the BAPI ? Currently, I am passing the system date in the BAPI as the required date/target date for material A and whatever quantity I am passing, the BAPI is returning the same system date back to ECC. So, I am wondering something is wrong here. Any idea?

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rudresh,

I am just wondering if the Scheduling is happening correctly in your case. If you are using BAPI, I really doubt if it does scheduling in APO since it only looks for the available quantity for the date that you have passed.

But, I have a question here ? Why don't you use the standard /SAPAPO/AC04 transaction to do the simulation to see if the rule is getting picked up or not ? You don't have to explicitly use a BAPI to test this.

Hope this helps

Babu Kilari

SCM APO Consultant