cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux DHCP Client specific new dnsnamespace... (emea.global.corp.sap)

0 Kudos

Hello,

I tried to configure the new dnsnamespace (like emea.global.corp.sap, actual is dhcp.wdf.sap.corp) in our Template of SelfServiceCloud...

On the Windows Operating System, we have already the solution with: ipconfig /set classid "*" emea_dci

We are ready with the windows client to use this new DNS Names; all clients have been registry correctly with <hostname>.emea.global.corp.sap on the DNS (via script after the deployment). for info the both dnsnamespace works.. We see the 2 entries in ipam (dhcp entries)

I can't find the solution for Linux Operating System...Actually i work with Suse 11.x

Actually, all linux machines have configured with dhcp and the default dnsnamespace are pushed by dhcp (is dhcp.wdf.sap.corp); we need to change it by  'emea.global.corp.sap' but we'll not change the option in dns server...

I tried with the file in '/etc/sysconfig/network',  dhcp & config files ...and also with 'resolf.conf' file but

Can anybody have already work on this problem or have an idea?

Thanks for advance.

Best regards,

Rico

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you also restart the networking services after you updated the various configuration files?

0 Kudos

Yes !  Sure

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For your /etc/resolv.conf file how did you define the search order for the domain(s)?

Also is my line of thinking correct, you are want to force a specific DNS suffix for systems that are provided IP leases from a DHCP server in a different domain from the DNS server(s)?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have these parameters in resolv.conf:

domainame emea.global.corp.sap

search emea.global.coirp.sap global.corp.sap dhcp.wdf.sap.corp wdf.sap.corp

nameserver 10.17.121.71

The problem that actually, the DHCP send the dhcp.wdf.sap.corp to all machines and we need to change it to emea.global.corp.sap but in the client without change the DHCP options

I tried to change the dhcp or config file in etc/sysconfig/network but without result

Best regards,

Rico

Answers (0)