cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Easy Access Menu Tree - Entries disappear and appear when hovering over node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Community,

I ran into an interesting phenomenon today. One of my students showed me her SAP Easy Access menu tree and all that appeared were the nodes without any descriptions. When she hovered above a node with her mouse pointer, the text descriptions appeared. I would sure appreciate help in pinpointing this phenomenon.

Thanks

Mack

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sounds like a memory issue somewhere,

Did a reboot help?
If you login to the same PC,does the issue occur for you?

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

I'll find out tommorrow whethor not its a memory problem. I talked to a responsible at my students site and he thought it could have to do with a defect dll. The SAP Gui Version was 720 patch level 2. Does that sound plausibel?

Mack

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mack,

Actually, 7.20 is out of support since April,

Is it possible to install 7.30?

If not,can you open a support message referencing this SCN post,and I'll take it over.

I should be able to send you some files that might help.

If you want to confirm an error in the GUI,run the command 'nwcheckworkstation' in the run menu

of the affected PC and it should give an error report summary.

Kind Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

thanks for assistance. One of the admins at my students site said that there had been a problem with the Microsoft XML parser and the students profile. I wonder if that could have been the problem, because now everything is running smoothly again. Would that seem plausibl to you?

Thanks again and have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Kind Regards,

Mack

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thank you,Mack.

To you and yours also.

The issue could have been caused by the MSXLM,as this is an underlying requirement for the SAPGUI.

Reinstalling MSXML4.0 SP2 should solve some of these issues.

I gather this has already been done from what you've said.

Again,Happy Christmas to you,your family,and colleagues.

Jude