Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a class pool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi how to create a class pool when i tried to create it has shown the following error

<b>Unable to change program from or to type K

Message no. DS165

Diagnosis

You tried to assign a type to a program that cannot be assigned in the program attributes, but can only be set internally by one of the tools in the ABAP Workbench.

The following program types are reserved:

F Reserved for Function Groups

Function groups are adminstered by the Function Builder, and you can only create or delete them using the Function Builder or the Object Navigator (Transaction SE80).

K Reserved for Class Defintions

Class definitions are administered in the Class Builder. You can only create or delete them using the Clas Builder or the Object Navigator.

J Reserved for Interface Definitions

Interface definitions are administered in the Clas Builder. You can only create or delete them using the class Builder or the Object Navigator.</b>

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Though you get a popup for different options for different program types like Class pools, function groups etc in SE 38 Program attributes, you can't create them from Se38 transaction.

They have to be created from different places.

Class Pools are nothing but creating CLASSes and INTERFACEs using the T Code SE24.

This needs little Java/OOPs concepts to create and use them.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You cannot start type K programs using a transaction code or by entering the program name. They are containers for global classes in ABAP Objects . Type K programs are known as class definitions. The Class Builder is a tool in the ABAP Workbench that you can use to create class definitions.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member

Former Member

0 Kudos

I also go through this link . i understand what is class pool and interface pool. but how to create interface pool and  class pool by SE38 and why they gave option in SE38. so please tell me how to use class pool and interface pool by SE38

Thanks & Regard.

Pappu Kumar.