cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install SAP Mobile platform SDK for creating iOS Mobile Application?:

0 Kudos

I just take up the remote sever(on windows) for installing Sybase Unwired Platform 2.2 server and mobile SDK.

I could install Sybase Unwired Platform 2.2(server) successfully, But the problem is I found SAP MOBILE SDK installation at this page http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/f00164c9-bcb7-2f10-d2b3-ac79a6...

but while I try installing it says:  SAP mobile platform SDK 3.0 is not installed on the system and couldnt upgrade to 3.0 SP01(Please find the attached image).

I couldnt find any other installation package available in SCN, please advise.

Yoges

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

there is no point of installing mobile SDK 3.0 since you have only SUP 2.2 server installed.

either you get SUP Mobile SDK 2.2 OR (you can download it from sap service market place, you must be having s-user id for downloading it otherwise you contact your company's basic administrator)

SAP mobile plaform 3.0 server

as far as i know you need 64 bit machine for 3.0

Till last week, Sybase mobile sdk 2.0 and 2.4 were there at the link but seems they have replaced it with SMP SDK 3.0

Rgrds,

Jitendra

0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

I installed SUP 2.2 on 64 bit machine.

Whether i can get the Sybase mobile SDK 2.0 or 2.4 with SCN downloaded library?, If yes could you please share the link?

Thanks

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Whether i can get the Sybase mobile SDK 2.0 or 2.4 with SCN downloaded library?, If yes could you please share the link?

as i mentioned in my first reply, earlier it was available at the same link where you are seeing SMP mobile SDK 3.0.

open service market place ( you must be having s-user id and password and authorize to download software, if not, ask your company's BASIS admin to do so)

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/support

software downloads>Installation and Upgrades>A-Z index

search with 'M'

Rgrds,

jitendra

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The 2.2 SDK is not available in SCn right now, before it was available here. But now it is replaced with 3.0 SDK. You can download the SDK 2.2 from your SAP market place, where you downloaded the SUP server

- Midhun VP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What type of mobile application you are planning to develop ? MBO based mobile apps are not supported in SMP 3.0. As Jitendra mentioned SMP 3.0 sdk will not run on SUP 2.2, you can download SUP 2.2 sdk from SAP Market place. If you are planning to develop an Odata based (SAP recommended approach) IOS applicaiton there is no need of SDK too.

- Midhun VP

0 Kudos

Yes Midhun,

I need to display flash(swf) file on iOS device with  SAP/SUP server environment.

As you said, if we need not to install SAP Mobile SDK, Is possible to develop Odata  based iOS application for display flash(swf) file on iOS device ?

Yoges

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by flash ? SDK is not needed for the development of IOS application using Odata service. Let me know what is the requirement.

- Midhun VP

0 Kudos

We are trying to display dashboard which has flash content (swf) in iPad

And we are trying to achieve this task using SAP SUP mobility.

Former Member
0 Kudos

iOS devices (including iPad) do not support Flash by default - not related to SUP.  Are you going to try and replace the flash content (dashboard) with a HTML5 + OData version? 

0 Kudos

Yes, As Midhun said i plan to start work with OData, And I am Tyro with SAP(OData) technology . Any how i need  display dashboard file(swf) on iOS device. Please explain me clearly which way i should follow for this need?

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check MAkit framework from sap. I think it will solve your problem.

- Midhun VP

0 Kudos

I could not fine libMAKit.a and MAKit.bundle on Xcode, how do we add in project those frameworks?

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks All,& Thanks Midhun for help,

Anyhow i tried many different ways from the Sybase forum guide could not get some of the required tools/frameworks even though they given proper implementation guide.