cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WM - TO confirmation with difference indicators

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am confused the way 'Update TR' selection works in  difference indicator.

Configuration:

Difference indicator one - i have chosen NOT to 'UPDATE TR'

Difference Indicators 2 - I have chosen to 'UPDATE TR'

Difference indicator 3- I have chosen 'UPDATE TR depending on Destination storage bin'

Requirement:

Case:1 If TO is confirmed partially - TR should be set to completed - No further processing

Case 2: If the TO is confirmed partially - TR should be set to Partially confirmed, so that a New TO can be created for the difference Qty.

When i confirm a TO with difference indicator 1 - Even though the TO is confirmed  partially, it should not update the TR status - so TR status should be E (Processing complete) - Working Correctly

When i confirm a TO with difference indicator 2 - Even though the TO is confirmed  partially, it should  update the TR status - so TR status should be T (Partially confirmed) -  NOT WORKING

Is this what it does?  in my case both the indicators are not updating the TR status.

Please give me some light on how these indicators should work and some documentation/ SAP notes or any other tricks to achieve this.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MS

Based on the infomration provided by you i have simulated the scenario 2 and i am getting the result as expected using LM05, Please have a look on the attached screen shot and the sequece followed by me, Please have a look and let me know if the sequence is correct or not also check the setting in your system if you are still having the issue then shre the screen with transactional data will try to simulate based on that.

Configuration

Transactional data

TR before processing

LM05 Screen

TR after processing

Regard

Manish kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

sorry for the late reply.

Please see below screen shots

Sorry Requested Qty  was : 2, but i confirmed the TO with Actual Qty :1  and Differene Qty : 1 with difference indicator : 1 ( Which should update the TR status)

But it is not updating the TR

Thanks

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please paste the screenshot of

1) TR detail before processing the LM05 transaction

2) LM05 with TO qty, Actual Qty and differance indicator

3) TR detail after processing the LM05 transaction

In the above screenshot of LM05 Quantity is not visiable also u had selected Differnace indicator as 1 so as per that TR should not get updated

gtiruvail
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ms Reddy,

Did you check what is the percentage of variance you have given while defining difference indicators?

If the value of difference is small then system will not propose to update TR.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ganesh,

Thank you for the update. We do not maintain any variance( It is blank).

Note: This issue exists only on RF ( On GUI it is updating the TR correctly)

gtiruvail
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi MS,

I have not faced this issue. I mean while doing through RF once result and in ECC directly different result. Is it happening always when you RF? Or only sometimes through RF? Please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

So far the error is happening  every time.

gtiruvail
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi MS,

This is due to issue with the way SAP console is configured or the custom tcodes you guys have created. If you have custom t-codes created for these postings then check whether these custom tcodes are working fine when you execute these t-codes directly in SAP.I guess it is not the issue with SAP console as if there was any issue with SAP console then the transaction would not have been called, but that is not the case here. You are able to execute it using RF device  but it is not updatingTR status. It is surely issue of custom tcode. Kindly check with ABAPer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ganesh,

There are no Custom transactions involved it the process. We are using Standard Tcode LM05 to confirm the TO

gtiruvail
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi MS,

Generally, in the implementation I have worked we will have custom tcode. For example, you are trying to pick a material from a bin  then in that custom transaction you give input as bin number in the same way scanner does its work, then custom transaction would do. However, in your case, you have added LM05 directly in the user group which is attached to SAP console. So, we are coming to the conclusion that it is SAP console which is having problem. Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ganesh,

Our RF's are connected via internet transaction server.

gtiruvail
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi MS,

Sorry for late reply. The scenrio in which I have worked is slightly different from what you are saying.

So, I need to see acutally how it works in your scenario. I may not be able answer your question immediatly.

Hope you understand. Thanks