cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc to File design

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am involved in making design specs for an Idoc to file interface. The functional consultant asked me these things

1) We have header item and line items in Idoc. PO is created, a line item is created, we need this to send to target whenever a line item is created. can this be done every time automatically?

2) We have an enhance ment. We need to add two mor fields. If we add those fields at source side, would it affecr Idoc? I belive whatever changes made to Idoc before imported to XI doesn't matter.

3) Is it okay to make a design specs for both header item idoc and line item idoc?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) See with your fonctional. he has to configurate the Output Control (at least Tcode NACE), to generate automatically in idoc when PO is created/saved.

2) you can manage your own specific fields by adding an idoc extension (structure), and by adding the relevant code to add this Zsegment at  the relevant place !

be very careful to respect the sequence of IDoc segments, and also its occurence, else you will have an error.

Depending on Idoc, and on user(exit / enhancement you have... you can either add your Zsegment when SAP manages its segment.

or you can add them, at the end of IDoc process (LOOP AT idoc_data... ENDLOOP), and before SAP creates this idoc.

3) I don't understand your Topic, as in your IDoc, you will always have the Header, and at least one item line 🙂

So yes, you have to design and document this PO flow (header/line).

regards.
Mickael