Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI and RFC connection not working at the same time

former_member198566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Our SRM system is connected to back-end ECC 6.0 which has been upgraded recently, since then both PI and RFC connection not working at the same time.

In SPRO path: Definition of Back End System in SAP SRM the system type is maintained as ERP_6.0. In this case the the PO is not getting created for catalog shopping carts(Sc remains Item in transfer process). We also have a PI connection with the same ECC for which the Sc is getting created successfully and even PO is getting created.

When we change the settings in SPRO path: Definition of Back End System in SAP SRM the system type to ERP_2.0. In this case PO is getting created for catalog Sc but in PI connection the PO is not created for the request coming from non SAP system (Sc is being created through IDOC's but PO is not getting created).

Note: ECC system has been recently upgraded to ECC 6.0  since then we are facing the issue.

We need a solution where both RFC and PI connection works at the same time. We are in classic Scenario.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

please check the table BBP_FUNCTION_MAP for

OBJECT = BUS2012

METHOD = CreateFromData1

You'll see, that according to ERP Version different classes/functions are taken to transfer PO.

CL_BBP* for RFC

/SAPSRM/CL_SOA* for PI

You should be able to Overwrite these settings via BADI BBP_DRIVER_DETERMINE.

Regards

Konstantin

former_member198566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin,

Thank you for the reply.

When I try to insert an entry for METHOD = CreateFromData1

it says an entry already exists. screen shot with details:

Let me know what function we should select.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Abhishek

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

why do you try to insert an entry.

You just need to see, that, if you use ERP_6.0 a soa class /SAPSRM/CL_SOA_ADPT_PO_CRT_ERP will be called to transfer SC to PO (via PI). If for some shopping carts you need to transfer a sc to po via RFC you need to implement BADI BBP_DRIVER_DETERMINE and replace there /SAPSRM/CL_SOA_ADPT_PO_CRT_ERP with CL_BBP_BS_ADAPTER_PO_CRT_ERP10.

BBP_DRIVER_DETERMINE - Supplier Relationship Management - SCN Wiki

Using RFC transfer with ECC system 6.04 and higher - Supplier Relationship Management - SCN Wiki

Regards

Konstantin

former_member198566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin,

I checked in my system

CL_BBP_BS_ADAPTER_PO_CRT_ERP10 is present with Method CreateFromData2 for system type ERP_6.0.

Does it make difference in terms of Method?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Abhishek

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure what does CreateFromData2 mean.

For transfer SC->PO the method CreateFromData1 is used.

Regards

Konstantin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Konstantin,

Thank you Konstantin, this helped, but now we are stuck at a point. The PO's are getting created in R/3 but in SRM the status is not getting updated.

Please suggest.

Thank you.

Regards,

Abhishek