cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Transported SWCV in file transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I am working in PI 7.0 and we have only DEV and PRD with different SLD.

In DEV I have created 3 SWCV under 3 Product. One SWCV is only for Mapping object.

In dev i have exported the 3 namespase under 3 SWCV. and asked basis to copy the .tpz file in PRD repository.

In Target SLD again Created Product and SWCV with same name and assign TS , BS to SWCV(2).

Now i want to know that before importing the .tpz file in IR do i have to Import the SWCV into IR?

and do i have to change something like GUID of SWCV?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Anirban

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anirban,

Creating a new SLD with the same name would imply that the GUIDs will be different, hence it is not possible to import the repository objects. Export the SWC in the SLD by choosing export and import it into the different SLDs. Once done, you can import the ESR objects.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

How can i Export and import the SWC in SLD?

Regards,

Anirban

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anirban,

Exporting can be done by the following steps:

1. Look for your Software Component in SLD

2. Click it, afterwards the Export Button will no longer be grayed out

3. After clicking the export button, there are two options. One is to transport (which will be imported to the target system via STMS) and the other one is via download (file option).

Importing can be done by the following steps:

1. In the SLD page, go to the Administration link

2. Then on the Content block, click import

3. Click browse and then look for the downloaded zip file, afterwards click import

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

In my case i am only importing IR objects. i am creating ID objects manually.

If i export the SWC like you said and create the TS , BS under that imported SWC then anything i need to maintain in ID?

Thanks & Regards,

Anirban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

i have exported the required SWC and imported into Prd SLD as you suggested.

Now under the SWC TS and BS is also coming .

My question is :-

Do i have to edit the TS, BS or Create a new TS , BS under that SWCV ?

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anirban,

My question is :-

Do i have to edit the TS, BS or Create a new TS , BS under that SWCV ?

The answer is it depends If the technical system and business system are already existing, then you just need to link it to the Product and SWC. If it is not, then you need to create it and link it.

I believe linking only affects search help (f4) when listing interfaces under that business system (all SWCV) in Integration Directory.

Regards,

Mark

Answers (0)