cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear Stock in previous period.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

I am having a issue during activation of batch management.

So for this i have clear the stock from that plant.

Also i have closed Purchase Order by setting the delivery completion indicator in purchase order.

So it is the right practice to close the open PO ?

When i check accounting tab in mm03 i have found

Total stock PP = 36

Total value =4,193.06

Now what i have to do to activate the batch ?

Please help me this issue is so critical any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aravind_sankar
Participant

Hi Harsh,

You can do the 562 mvt type in MB1c to clear the stock and activate the batch management and revert back the stock by 561 mvt type.

For doing the above we have certain method depends the stock situation.

1.  If stock(previous & current period) are same, u can do 562 in previous period.  So it  will remove all the stock of current & previous period.

2. If previous period stock is Greater than the current period, then do the 561 for the difference quantity in current period & do the 562 for whole quantity in previous period.  Whole stock will remove and activate batch management.  Then do the stock posting 561 in previous period, finally remove the difference quantity using 562 in current period.

3. If current stock is greater than the previous period, then remove the previous period qnty 562 in previous period & remove the rest of the qty in current period using 562.  Then activate batch and upload the previous period qty initially with previous period and upload the rest of the amount in current period.

Hope it will help you.

Regards,

Arvind S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

You can clear the stock by running the physical inventory cycle. Create a physical inventory document for the required material for a plant thru tcode MI01, then execute Tcode MI04 for stock count. here make the stock Zero. Finally post the difference thru tcode MI07 with reason. This will clear the stock.

As far as closing open POs is concerned, you can either set the delivery completion indicator as you did or can reduce the ordered quantity for the PO line item.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks a lot .

I know PI process in MM.

As you said use MI01 to clear the previous period stock.

So on which period(current/previous) i need to create and post inventory document ?

After clearing previous period stock can i activate batch ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can post the phy. inv. document on this period or previous period if open. The reason for this is that you will need to clear your entire stock as well as Open Orders if you wish to activate the batch management for the material. Since Physical Inventory process also generates relevant accounting documents and updates the MAP of the material, so the business needs to decide on which period the value of the stocks should be reflected.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

System is not allowing me to activate due to stock present in previous period.

For this you have suggested me to do PI .

So doing PI will clear the stock from previous period ?

Kindly provide the solution to clear the stock from previous period .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes doing PI will clear the stock.