cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign global mapping type to the rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm working in project to scramble Vendor data of the table LFA1 & ADRC and trying to use global mapping for 15 fields and I'll give it he new values per fields that needs to be seen after scrambling.

I'm using ready made *SAP_ERP as solution category and defined my own customized supergroup and group both of which assigned to solution category.  Also, I have defined customized scrambling rule and global mapping using the type random selection with 15 columns.

My questions are :

1*- how to assign global mapping to the defined scrambling rule?

2*- If I log to the receiver system can I see the data before scrambling and in the target system I'll see after scrambling or I need to import the tables to the system with real data and in the target system we see the scrambled one?

3*- How to simulate it? is it from data scrambling work center scrambling rule or from project work center package and execute the activities?

Appreciate your valuable help to provide step by step or guide to do it as I have no experience with the tool and I do not want to mess up with the system as there are another projects running as I tried with SAP documents but it does not help much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amr ,

Once you have created a Global mapping type, you can use the same within any rule , but both the rule and the Global mapping type should belong to the same Solution Category. Also if you are creating your own rule, then the global mapping type should be assinged to all the rules which use the values that are provided. For example, if you are scrambling name 1, name2 , name3 and have used a global mapping type for all of those, then you need to assign the mapping to the rules that scramble name1, name2 , name3.

Scrambling works in two ways:

1. Integrated scenario , where scrambling happens along with data transfer. Here you need not have the data before hand in the receiver system

2. Standalone scrambling scenario, where scrambling happens in one system and you need data beforehand in the same system

You can simulate the same from your rule at all levels.

Please also have a look at our extensive guide at :

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_HIER_KEY=701100035871000567764&_OBJECT=01...&

Best Regards,

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Uma,

what is the consequences if I create multiple global mapping with different mapping type and assign them to one solution category and then execute it in my project?

Thanks and best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amr,

Global mapping types are independent entities and cannot affect your project/package unless they are assigned to a rule. So even if you create multiple types and assign to a solution category, it does not take effect unless used in a rule.

Hope this clarified the usage.

Best Regards,

Uma Tharmarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Uma.  Yes I have used the global mapping in 13 rules and I have another requirements which includes more fields from different tables.  For example, we have LFA1, ADRC & ADCP tables and there are common fields between them which can be included in one global mapping having some scrambling rules and the remaining of fields should be created in different global mapping, is my understanding correct or otherwise?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amr,

Yes, for fields that are common you can use one global mapping. But also if you are not going to re-use this mapping (or) if this is not going to be used for consistency, then you can create the mapping locally at the rule level also.

Best Regards,

Uma Tharmarajan