Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customized agent rule based on request attributes

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In GRC 5.3 we had one stage where the approvers are picked based on the conditions predefined.

Application + Business Process + company Code = Approver || Alternate Approver

So, in this way there were lot of different combinations which are already predefined.

Now in GRC 10, i couldn't find any option as such available for pre-defining the approvers as in GRC 5.3.

I assume i need to create a customized agent rule for this purpose, but am confused how to maintain this approvers data based on the combination and pick the approver. Has anyone tried this kind of approach?

Instead of role owners defined, we were using this approach. Now business wants same approach in GRC 10.0 and not interested in going for role owners.

Any guidance would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Madhu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193066
Active Contributor

Yes, you can create BRF+ flat rule(line Items) fro the same

while creating in Spro generate MSMP rules you can check in header and line check box whether the what attribute you need to find the agent.

this will only be used to find approver not alternate approver.

you can use alternate approver with spate agent id by escalating to specific agent.

there you can have 1 more agent id maintained .

that's my view for finding alternate approver.

Regards,

Prasant

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasant,

Thanks a lot for your inputs.

Actually my query is, in GRC 5.3 we used to manually maintain the CAD options with a set of role attributes combination to call for an approver or alternate approver which is pre-defined.

Eg: Application + Business Process + company Code = Approver || Alternate Approver

So, i will create BRF+ rule as you suggested, but my rule should pick up the approver name from somewhere, which is predefined.

If it is a role owner, i can say to pick the role owner of that role. But for role attributes, where can i define the approvers ?? If i can define and store them and then i can ask my rule to dynamically pick them.

This is the issue am facing.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

As mentioned you have to create 2 agents.,

- Approver

- Alternate approver

While building the agent rule you need to build a decision table based on which the approver will be found. I have attached a example (different attributes though)

In your example it would be like this.,

Agent 1 - Application + Business Process + company Code = Approver

Agent 2 - Application + Business Process + company Code = Alternate approver

While defining stage settings use the agent 1 to find primary approver and enable routing with escalation and mention the agent 2 for alternate approver.

Using the fields in the decision table you determine the approver.

You maintain the decision table in both the agents for the list of approvers and alternate approvers.

Thanks.

Regards,

Muthu

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasant and Muthu Kumaran, I understood the concept now.

Correct me if my understanding is wrong:

I assume i need to create 2 agent rules and 2 agent IDs right? [Rule Type as BRF+ Flat rules lineitem by lineitem] ?

Also when creating agent rule, i will check both Header and Items. Criterion on which i need to determine are application,business process and company code. I can see all these three in Items.

Where should i select these values [application,business process and company code] from Header or Item?

Regards,

Madhu.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Thanks to both of you. I have implemented this in the system and working fine.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

We have same requirement like as you had before. I have small doubt in the configuration, please help me to resolve my issue.

While routing to Alternate pprover Agetn which Rule ID you have considered in the above case.

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Venu

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

My alternate approver is also a custom agent rule.

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu,

Could you tell me please one thing. When alternative agent starts how does it identify which line items were approved? Because I see that when alternative agent start it analyses both types of line items: approved and escalated.

Is there any attribute to split and send to alternative agent only those line items that haven't been approved?

Regards,

Artem

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

As per my understanding your current issue is that your approved items also getting escalated if you have escalation enabled. Am I right?

Follow below steps for fixing the issue.

Implementing SAP note "2008881 - Approved request items are also escalated along with unapproved items" is required as mentioned in the note.

Prior to that you should have implelemented Escalation BADI to override the current logic

BADI interafce: IF_GRFN_MSMP_ESCALATE_OVERRIDE
BADI Interface Method: STAGE_ESCALATION_OVERRIDE

Importing Parameters:

• IV_PROCESS_ID - MSMP Process ID
  • IV_PATH_ID - MSMP Path ID where the Escalation occured
  • IV_STAGE_SEQNR - MSMP Stage ID where the Escalation occured

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Madhu!

I'll try the note!

Regards,

Artem

0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

In GRC 10 you can utilize BRF+  for instance to determine approvers based on access request attributes.

Some helpful documentation is available here:

BRF plus Flate Rule - GRC Integration - Governance, Risk and Compliance - SCN Wiki

Key difference between MSMP BRF+ rule and BRF+ flat rule ( lineitem by lineitem)

BR

Sebastian