cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing multiple records with same matching criteria in a single file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario in which a single xml file consisting of 2 records which are having same matching criteria values. But my destination record is only one in which case the last record that is getting imported, my destination record is populated with the values of those record.

Can you please suggest me if there is any way to control the import manager order of processing the records of a fie in these type of scenarios.

Thanks & Regards,

Pradeep.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

What I would suggest you is add one more field in matching criteria, i.e a field whose value is matching with the correct source record and not with unwanted source record(the one which you want to ignore)

In this way, you will have only one matching source and destination record and the correct data will be imported.

Reply for any queries.

Regards,

Rohini Joshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

Thanks for your reply. I have all the remaining fields same for both of my source records except one field and that field cannot be placed in matching criteria.

Because of which i am looking for a way if any possible option in import manager/import server to process the files in what order we want it to process the records in a file.

Thanks,

Pradeep.

former_member196156
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Pradeep,

"hanks for your reply. I have all the remaining fields same for both of my source records except one field and that field cannot be placed in matching criteria."

Please let me know does the filed is not exist in Match Record, if yes then check does Display filed is yes for the field in Console. Because if Display field is no then it won't found in Match records.

Thank you

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

In Match records tab where we do the matching, in source record pane it shows the matching source records. In your case its 2. Right click on the source record which you want to ignore and select the Import Action as SKIP.

The record marked as SKIP (Import Action) will be ignored while importing. While select the default import action as update all mapped fields or null field whatever your requirement is and at record level select the import action as SKIP.

Screen shot is attached for reference.

Reply for any queries.

Regards,

Rohini Joshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

Thank you so much. The reply is very much Helpful. However, could you please let me know if it is possible to apply it to all the files having any 2 records with same matching criteria, by default

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Good that myreply helped you.

For your query ' However, could you please let me know if it is possible to apply it to all the files having any 2 records with samematching criteria, by default', the following explanation may help you.

There is configuration option: 'Merger source records using key field', if it is set to
yes then “Duplicate source records are collapsed and merged for import as a single virtual source
record."

When there are multiple matching fields or field combinations, you can set any single matching field or field combination to be the Key field for the purpose of identifying duplicate source records.

For further info, go through the Import manager reference guide pg 351 and 352.

Link for the reference guide:

https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001204292013E

Regards,

Rohini Joshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshini,

Thanks for your reply. However, by using the configuration option mentioned, duplicate records are getting merged and a single virtual record is getting imported, but i do not have the control over which record among the 2 duplicate records in my case to import and which one to Skip.

As the number of files with duplicate records is large, it is difficult to open each file in import manager and choose the import action as skip for the record we do not require, by right clicking on the source record pane.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Pradeep.