cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Alert Configuration to multiple recipients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have configured an alert using tcode ALRTCATDEF, made all configurations. In my fixed recipient list, I do have one user, and an e-mail address configured via SU01 and alert configuration works just fine.

My problem is, I do want to send alerts to multiple recipients using one user. I created a distribution list using tcode SO23. And when i enter the distribution list to e-mail addresses tab in user, i am having a " Email adress DL_ALERT is invalid" error.  I tried to with DL_ALERT@company.com yet it did not work. I know i cannot enter my distribution list 'DL_ALERT' to fixed recipients, so i am stuck.

Is there any way to figure this out?

Thanks.

Faruk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Faruk,

Use the option to send alerts based on "Alert Recipients Via User Roles" on ALRTCATDEF.

Assign this role to users who should receive alerts on SU01. This option is easy to maintain and does not require transport movement for adding/removing user alert subcription.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I do not want to assign different email addresses to users that uses the same role, I want to send e-mail to recipients via one user . Is that not possible by using distribution list etc.?

Thanks.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faruk,

There is one more option to send alerts to group. You can define the distribution list in email exchange (ABC@Mycompany.com) and create a user with this distribution list.

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Harish,

Could you explain me how to do this step by step?

Thanks.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faruk - As confirmed by Nitin in the thread you were referring to, there is no other way except having a Distribution List in the SU01 of the user profile.

If you dont want to assign different email address for users, then may be you can assign this to some standard user's such as PIAFUSER.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

What i am trying to say is that even though i create a dummyuser, i cannot assign distribution list e-mail id because it will not let me.

Thanks.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faruk - Can you check the below thread?

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3424581

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

I checked the below thread, i have done all steps that were told there, the problem is i cannot assign my distribution list to email id of user. i am getting invalid email id error. Also i cannot assign distribution list to fixed recipients in ALRTCATDEF, because i am getting " Entry DL_ALERT does not exist in USR02 ."