cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Production Resource Tools in Plant Maintenance Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In our client group we have 3 maintenance companies PM1, PM2 and PM3. Presently we are implementing SAP PM in PM1.

My issue is like this...we have lubricants which is used for maintenance work in PM1.

This material is brought from PM2 at free of cost, so we(PM1) no need to pay any amount to PM2.

As if now we have created lubricants as material and getting the material with free of cost in PO. Now when I bring this material for free the price is zero.

when we use this material in our maintenance order, we need the cost of the lubricants used for maintenance.

After searching few forums, i came to know that lubricants can be used as PRT tools.

If anyone has any idea about this...please tell me how to solve this...

thanks in advance,

Nagesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the Lubricant, in Material Master you have to assign Valuation type, valuation class using Split valuation.

Govind

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is wrong. To fix the first wrong thing you should not do a second wrong thing. If a transaction happens between two company codes it should be seen from several angles. Please ensure that MM and FI have agreed for this. Also, using lubricants as PRTs is very odd. PRTs don't get consumed. Components do. The stock goes down when u issue them to the order. U don't return the lube oil cans after you complete the order!

My suggestion is that you sit with the MM and FI consultants and together come to a conclusion. This can't be done in isolation.

thanks

Bala