cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route Determination in SAP TM 8.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Need your help to apply default route without manual intervention for a shipper's scenario:

Shipping Point (Location A)

Transshipment Location 1 (Location B)

Transshipment Location 2 (Location C)

Consignee Location (Location D)

Requirement:

I want to determine default route (system should identify the route applicable based on Shipping Point and Consignee Location) and split the FU so created from OTR in three stages. There should not be any manual intervention.

Stage 1: Loc A ----> Loc B

Stage 2: Loc B ----> Loc C

Stage 3: Loc C ----> Loc D

Activities that I have already done:

1. Created a route (Loc A --- Loc B --- Loc C --- Loc D) using Route type in NWBC < Master Data < Transportation Network < Default Route < Create Default Route

Please advise what else is needed to pick default route in FU and split it in stages.

Thanks and Regards,

Vikas Chhabra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tarunkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

In freight unit building rule you can select the check box to use "Apply Default Route", this flag should work for you.

Thanks & Regards,

Tarun Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

Have you faced issue like after split the stages, when you plan individually stages in transportation cockpit, Item data does not copy from freight unit In any freight order. I mean to say like when stages has been split in form of pre carriage and On carriage and now I am going to plan individually stages for the same freight unit, Item data does not copy.

Please suggest if you think something is missing some where.

Thanks & Regards

Jalaj Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikas,

Have you tried using planning and the optimizer? The optimizer should take into consideration the default route between two locations when trying to plan it and prioritize it. The planning will then split the FU into the desired number of stages.

Devin