cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to capture soap fault message as response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am working on a RFC to SOAP synchronous scenario. The web service returns a fault message when wrong data has sent. Now I want to capture this fault message in PI and pass it to the RFC .

I have tried both these parameters in SOAP receiver communication channel

But still I am getting below error in MONI

I want fault message as the response payload and the message should be in processed status.

Please let me know how can I achieve the same.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

I usually use a little trick. I configure the receiver soap adapter with "Do Not use SOAP envelope" checked. Later i only need to construct manually the SOAP tags, with XSL, for request  and for the response.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki

I have used the option Do Not use SOAP envelope and populate the SOAP structure using java mapping.

I have also used the parameter

XMBWS.NoSOAPIgnoreStatusCode = true

Now the message is successful in MONI and I am getting the fault message as response.

I have created an XSD and created the fault message type. I have created one fault message mapping as well.

But my fault message mapping is not getting called. I know I can write an java ampping to parse this fault message.

Do you know what could be the reason that my fault message mapping is not getting called??

Do I need to to perform any other steps for achieving this??

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarkar,

Can you share the paylaod received as response from Web service.

Normally fault message structure should be included in the WSDL shared from legacy, which we can use it as Synchronous Inbound SI with fault MT. then do a mapping to Source.

Go through the thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3318516

Regards,

Pranav

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

The fault message can be passed to source (I used Sync proxy to pass the fault message). The processing flag is in below screen shot.

you need to define fault message mapping and consume the fault message in Source (sender) Interface/RFC.

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish

Yes I can create an fault message and mapping.But I should receive the fault message payload in the response message in MONI.

But currently I am not getting that and instead of that I am getting system error message.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

system errors are uncouth exception at web service. I believe you can not do anything from PI untill you get a proper exception message from web service (in one format always). I would suggest to check with your target web service team to provide proper fault message.

Regards,

Harish