cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Text IXOS Archiving in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SapGurus,

I am SAP Basis consultant and I need to get trained on IXOS Archiving tool. Can anybody give me a brief idea about this third party tool which is definitely connected to SAP Backend with the help of RFC's. And how is IXOS Archiving tool connected to Open text. What is the Basis part in this tool. Also if there are any training institute in India where I can get trained.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

+91 9860604735

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From what i know IXOS and OPENTEXT are the same thing.

As SAP database grows, standard SAP data archiving together with OpenText Data Archiving for SAP Solutions is the solution your organization needs to manage the size of the SAP database and ensure continued long term, secure access to historical data.

Most of the case where we have see IXOS is used to save the archive data in it.

It is easy to set up IXOS server if you read the guide.

Most of the case IXOS has a database and web service which can be apache (Tomcat) or NW 7.1 CE.

OPEN Text can be used for many ways so the installation depends what kind of the service you want to use.

I dont think that you create RFC for that but a connection is created in OAC0 for that archive repository.

I am not aware of training isntitute but can check with OPEN TEXT team as you would have licensing with them.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is something that can help you a bit.

IXOS was earlier a comany which develpoed an application for stroage called as IXOS archive.Later on opentext  took over this company and that product IXOS archive is now called as opentext archive server in conjuction with IXOS archive server or opentext IXOS archive server. The installation ,administration,configration are done normally by the  Archiver server specialits.

Now the relationship bewteen SAP and opentext or IXOS.

Sine IXOS archive is an storage product, opentext developed an strategic partnership with SAP .These days the IXOS archive or opentext archive server is used to store, for example say, SAP archived data. Opentext was developed products for SAP data archiving and SAP Documents access which stors the data/documents directly to the opentext archive server.  The scanned images/emails (the unstructred data) from SAP is stored on the archive server.

Now if you talk about the Opentext SAP data archiving thing then there is little bit role of the SAP BASIS person.

Else if you are only talking about the Installation ,Configuration,administration of  archive server , then i would say its not the responsibility of the SAP BASIS person.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Storing data means the archived data, The data which has passed its business usage duration and is business completed.

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member183148
Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

As more people had added replies explaining you about what OT(IXOS)  archiving is about.

I will respond on the basis consultant responsibility is.( Go thorugh  this document may be it may help http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-49872)

Normally OT consultant cares of installation integration and maintenance of the Archive server and other components of OpenText along with carrying        the functional configurations to deliver the OT solution.

Basis consultant can handle the same part of technical configurations which are relatively easy on Configurations when comparing to SAP basis. So,        just think about it.    

Thanks,

Kolusu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SapGurus,

I am still not clear the replies which I have received are more or less inclined towards Open text but I need to know about IXOS archiving. Please suggest.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

IXOS corportaion was acquired by Opentext corporation and the IXOS Archiving solution is now OpenText Solution.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

IXOS or OPENTEXT are used to store the archived data and it just acts as a content server. Apart from this, IXOS offers many features and applications where in some of them are DOCULINK, PCM, ECM...etc.

Please go through this link and you can get required info from this http://www.opentext.com/

Opentext training http://www.opentext.com/connect/global/services/ls-learning-services-home.htm

former_member183148
Contributor
0 Kudos

Manjunath Ravi,

There is no More IXOS. IXOS is acquired my OT. IXOS is the company that developed the Archivelink.

Content Server is more like a server with systematic arrangement of  archive or non-archived data using many different things like CLM, Taxonomies, Hierarchies ...etc..etc.  So CS and AS are different. Please do not mis understand CS as AS .

IXOS has nothing to do with PCM, Doculink, ECM..etc.

Thanks,

Kolusu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

1. I know that IXOS is now called as Opentext, i just wnat to make it simple to the person who created the discussion.

2. Opentext server is a content server where in you can store both Archived data and documents as well (Structured and unstrucutred data). so it is not just a archive server.

3. IXOS (Opentext) offers solutions like PCM, DOCULINK, ECM...etc

please go through the opentext product list www.opentext.com

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos