cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in RFC destination while creating incident management help ticket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

I am new to solution manager and configuring incident management for the first time with the help of ITSM guide....

I stuck on the issue when i tried to create the demo help message from the solution manager itself (help--> create support message) after giving the proper result the error occurred is "Error in local system-: Error in RFC destination the solution manager does not exist" error BCOSO88 occurred...

When i trying to create an incident from web UI its working fine incident is creating and the document is also creating in CRM....

What is the solution for this... I read in one document that u have to create read only RFC and all but now i am not getting that document...

Please help me out on this step wise description will be appreciated...

Second issue is that the client is asking suggestion that shall we go with portal means we can create incident message from portal itself as solman 7.1 is supporting this feature or we will go with traditional way creating a ticket from satellite system itself then check in solman what will be better option....

Early reply should be appreciated...

Thanks and Regards

Prasad Deshpande

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Looks like you have not maintained the BCOS_CUST entry in the satellite system.

Goto sm30 in satellite system and create an entry like below

OSS_MSG W <BACK_RFC_TO_SOLMAN> CUST620 1.0

BR!

Rahul.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

The issue got solved i have deleted the RFC and again recreated and set back RFC's that works out for me...

Thanks for your help and support.... Keep the good work going....

Regards

Prasad Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Normally the issue with RFC's .Nice to see the issue was solved.

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

In order to update the BCOS_CUST table automatically.

You can go to SOLMAN_SETUP-->IT services-->incident management under this in the third step you will find an automatic wizard to update it.

in case if it is already updated. kindly check the managed system RFC's in SMSY/LMDB, Make sure the RFC are working fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

Have you checked note 1017412 - A short dump occurs when you create a message ?

BR,

K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

It is properly maintained in BCOS_CUST table still it showing error...

Any further solution on this...??

Thanks and Regards

Prasad Deshpande

former_member204161
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad ,

Can you please provide a screenshot of the error message . Also , can you test the Back RFC (connection test/authorization test) to see if it is working properly .

Regards,

Shaswat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

first set the back RFC in SM30 -> Bcos_cust -> maintain Back rfc ( RFC connection place) and save it.

Better take any managed system and create the back rfc in solman_setup -> Managed system -> step 2 and try to create suuport message , it will automtically create the incident in solman system

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Back RFC is maintained properly in BCOS_CUST table.... But still i am not able to create a help message from the ecc system or from solution manger itself...

The second suggestion u have given it is working fine i can able to create incident from portal but i can't able to create it from ECC SAP GUI help--> create msg or from solman itself...

Any further solution on this...??

Thanks and regards

Prasad Deshpande