cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Implementation project to Maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created one PROJECT of type Implementation during our retail implementation with respective phases.. Now, we have a contract for support after Go-Live. In this case, do i need to go for another new Project of type Maintenance?  Also, please help to provide set up a maintenance project Roadmap.

Part of resources who worked on Implementation project will be in maintenance project.

Thanks,

Gopi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

After the Go Live, the best practice is to copy all the content of Implementation project to a Solution and then creating a Maintenance Project for periodic activities. This concept is called "Hand Over" Once you create a Solution and Hand Over  all the data to Solution you can perform Business Process Monitoring and other maintenance activities. See below graphic ;

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Thanks for the information.

I do have another question. what we do if we dont have a Implementation project created and want to do Maintenance alone?

Also, can you help me with some documents on How solution is linked with Maintenance project?

Thanks,

G

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Gopi

Kindly check my doc

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-48294

this will clarifies the steps required to convert from project to solution .

let us know for further help

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

what we do if we dont have a Implementation project created and want to do Maintenance alone?

this is the typical scenario with most of the customers, where they have already actively running SAP implementations, where they need only maintenance scenario.

In such case, create the (dummy) implementation project and collect all your business processes inside and moved that to solution. Now your solution act as repository for your entire business processes.

Later create the maintenance project out of the solution and manage your business process changes well with the project created out of solution, update your changes back to solution using check in/check out.

This is the planned approach,

SAP removed the corresponding market place entry. But still you can use for reference.

Best regards

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

This is really helpful !

Regards,

G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

This push me to one more question... Until we build dummy project to solution, what would be strategy to handle the current requests/change? My client has SAP Service desk implemented without change management. So, should i follow the same process to handle those requests outside Solman?

Regards,

Gopi C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

Until we build dummy project to solution, what would be strategy to handle the current requests/change?

This is differ customer to customer, some of them having their own third party tools like ARIS or even they left with nothing. Or they have their own internal process maintenance tools.

if you all to be well documented in solution manager, the above said approach is the best. After all the decision depends on the customers requirement.

My client has SAP Service desk implemented without change management. So, should i follow the same process to handle those requests outside Solman?

This is the exact situation I shared earlier in business terms. most of the customers are doing modification or changes in the landscape, But its not documented or tagged as project in system ( no charm).

you can keep a excel sheet also track your changes, any time you can export the reports from service desk tickets status. But how those changes are aligned with the business processes are not exactly defined.

if you want well defined project documentation and long term maintenance, the above approach is the best.

Thanks

Jansi

Answers (0)