cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DS 1.2 - Error message when running an SDK component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I started developing components using the SDK.

I checked the component locally and it seems to run fine, but when I run it on the BI platform I get an error message and the item doesn't appear.

I took the sample clock component provided by sap and I get the same error:

• Web Item with name CLOCK_1 could not be found in current Web Application
    Web Item with name CLOCK_1 could not be found in current Web Application
  • "ITEM" of type "COM_SAP_SAMPLE_CLOCK_CLOCK" could not be generated
    "ITEM" of type "COM_SAP_SAMPLE_CLOCK_CLOCK" could not be generated

Anyone familiar with this error?

Thanks,

Eitan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alexandre_dussac
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eitan,

Did you install the add-on on the BI platform?

Cheers,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry but I'm not familiar with an add-on issue.

Can you explain or add a link?

Thanks,

Eitan

alexandre_dussac
Participant
0 Kudos

no problem Eitan, here is a document:

https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001110462013E/ds12_admin_bip_en.pdf

You can check section 6.1.3.

Hope it helps.

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right I did skip this step, but when trying to install on platform I get this error:

eclipse.buildId=@qualifier@

java.version=1.7.0_45

java.vendor=Oracle Corporation

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US

Framework arguments:  BusinessObjects Design Studio

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 BusinessObjects Design Studio -clean

Error

Mon Dec 16 13:06:39 IST 2013

One or more extensions failed to install

com.sap.ip.bi.zen.connectivity.ConnectivityException: Failed to access plugin JAR file of extension "Design Studio SDK Extension Sample Clock" (id: com.sap.sample.clock)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.backends.bip.BiPlatformSystem.deployExtensions(BiPlatformSystem.java:1969)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.dialogs.sdk.PlatformExtensionsDialog.installExtensions(PlatformExtensionsDialog.java:278)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.dialogs.sdk.PlatformExtensionsDialog.access$0(PlatformExtensionsDialog.java:277)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.dialogs.sdk.PlatformExtensionsDialog$5.run(PlatformExtensionsDialog.java:135)

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.dialogs.sdk.PlatformExtensionsDialog.installButtonClicked(PlatformExtensionsDialog.java:132)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.dialogs.sdk.PlatformExtensionsDialog$2.installClicked(PlatformExtensionsDialog.java:98)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.dialogs.sdk.SDKExtensionsTable$2.widgetSelected(SDKExtensionsTable.java:126)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1057)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4170)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3759)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:826)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:802)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.dialogs.ZenTrayDialog.open(ZenTrayDialog.java:112)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.util.SdkHelper.showDeployExtensionsDialog(SdkHelper.java:40)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.backendspecific.BackendSpecificUiHandlerAdapter$2.widgetSelected(BackendSpecificUiHandlerAdapter.java:120)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1113)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:997)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:138)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:610)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:567)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.application.ZenApplication.start(ZenApplication.java:36)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)

draschke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

thanks for this helpful hint!

Maybe you or anyone else could help me one more time.

My app works fine in local mode. But if it try to install it on bi-platform, I get the error:

one or more extensions failed to install

Failed to access plugin JAR file of extension...

Do you know, where the problem could be fixed?

Br,

Dirk

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001110462013E/ds12_admin_bip_en.pdf

Based on section 6.1.3, can you make sure you are in the Design Studio Admin group on BO?  Also, if you've deployed the plugin, did you remember to restart the APS that's running your DS service?

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, it sounds like this is already tread ground, based on other replies.    Hmm. Guess I can try to reproduce the issue on my end.

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How about the Dev Guide section 3.3?  (Specifically, section 3.3.3 - Creating Deployable Feature)

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/AAD12/en/ds12_dev_guide_en.pdf

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See if you are able to install the attached sample addon and then deploy to your platform.  (Remove the .txt)

draschke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help!

"make sure you are in the Design Studio Admin group on BO? "Yes, I did!

"restart the APS that's running your DS service?" No, I didn't. Because I couldn't find any point in the installation guide. Sure, I have to do this?

draschke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, i did all the points of "3.3 Adding an SDK Extension to a Design Studio Installation" step by step.

draschke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mike, I can deploy your sample. So, there is no authorization problem.

But there is still a further problem. If I try to deploy your sample on bi-platform, I see only a white webside "/BOE/OpenDocument/1311291059/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp"

It works fine on local mode!

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you are certain you are attempting to deploy a .zip addon and not the debug mode (running from Eclipse to DS) version?  Also, download my deployment addon in my message and see if that one works, so be sure.  It worked on my workstation and 4.1 platform.

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And you restarted the APS after deploying yes?

draschke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please, could you give me a screenshot of your feature properties.

I would like it to compare with my properties.

I guess there could be a mistake.

draschke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but I'm not sure, if I can follow you.

Do you mean the Adaptive Processing Server?

If yes, from where I've to do this? CMC?

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, in the CMC, restart any APSs that are running your Analysis Services.

Servers -> Service Categories -> Analysis Services -> Right-click any servers there and select Restart Server.

Before restart:

After Restart:

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<feature

id="SampleSuperImageFeature"

label="SampleSuperImageFeature"

version="1.0.0.qualifier">

<description url="http://www.example.com/description">

[Enter Feature Description here.]

</description>

<copyright url="http://www.example.com/copyright">

[Enter Copyright Description here.]

</copyright>

<license url="http://www.example.com/license">

[Enter License Description here.]

</license>

<plugin

id="com.sample.superimage"

download-size="0"

install-size="0"

version="0.0.0"

unpack="false"/>

</feature>

draschke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!

After restarting the APS I can deploy your sample on the platform.

Now I try to get the other problem fixed.

draschke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eitan,

now I see that you got the same trouble as I.

"com.sap.ip.bi.zen.connectivity.ConnectivityException: Failed to access plugin JAR file of extension "Design Studio SDK Extension Sample Clock" (id: com.sap.sample.clock)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.backends.bip.BiPlatformSystem.deployExtensions(BiPlatformSystem.java:1969)...."

Could you fix it?

At the moment I've no idea where I've to look for the reason.:(

draschke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts, I don't get this problem fixed.

The installation of an extension on the platform fails...--> "One or more extensions failed to install"

I've three apps where two of this extensions I got deployed on the platform.

But one of them I don't get fixed. I dont know why, I tried it so often with a new feature.

(I also copied a working app, changed it, but always the same result --> "One or more extensions failed to install")

Again, I can install it "Install Extension to DS". There are no errors!

And in local mode does the app work fine. I've no idea what the reason could be!

What I found out, that two descriptions (with the same release date) were different.

Now I followed this link from Michael...

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/AAD12/en/ds12_dev_guide_en.pdf

this is the error msg: One or more extensions failed to install

com.sap.ip.bi.zen.connectivity.ConnectivityException: Failed to access plugin JAR file of extension "App for getting GeoData" (id: com.vizapp.geocoding)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.backends.bip.BiPlatformSystem.deployExtensions(BiPlatformSystem.java:1969)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.dialogs.sdk.PlatformExtensionsDialog.installExtensions(PlatformExtensionsDialog.java:278)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.dialogs.sdk.PlatformExtensionsDialog.access$0(PlatformExtensionsDialog.java:277)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.dialogs.sdk.PlatformExtensionsDialog$5.run(PlatformExtensionsDialog.java:135)

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.dialogs.sdk.PlatformExtensionsDialog.installButtonClicked(PlatformExtensionsDialog.java:132)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.dialogs.sdk.PlatformExtensionsDialog$2.installClicked(PlatformExtensionsDialog.java:98)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.dialogs.sdk.SDKExtensionsTable$2.widgetSelected(SDKExtensionsTable.java:126)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:826)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:802)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.dialogs.ZenTrayDialog.open(ZenTrayDialog.java:112)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.util.SdkHelper.showDeployExtensionsDialog(SdkHelper.java:40)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.backendspecific.BackendSpecificUiHandlerAdapter$2.widgetSelected(BackendSpecificUiHandlerAdapter.java:120)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1113)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:997)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:138)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:610)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:567)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.application.ZenApplication.start(ZenApplication.java:36)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)

tom_krusinski
Explorer
0 Kudos

Michael-

This is very cool, thanks. I have received very positive feedback.

Have you tried to execute from the BI Platform? It appears the animation or flip is gone when trying to access from the BI Platform.

Any ideas?

tk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dirk, did you unchecked "Unpack the plug-in archive after the installation" option in your deploy feature?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

i followed all what was said ,

i have unchecked unpacked ,

the application work fine locally

im also admin and design studio admin,

i restarted APS server ,  but i always get the faillure trying to install it on the plateform

Thank you

senfpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Sunny is right. "Unpack the plug-in archive after the installation" solves your problem. I get the error because my checkbox was checked. If you unchecked it, then your extension will be installed on bi platform successfully.

michaelwecker
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mike, could you please be so kind and have a look at

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3875364

as we got nearly the same problem within Netweaver portal runtime. I double checked every single step from Administrator guide but without any solution.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards

Michael Wecker

michaelwecker
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

could you please be so kind and have a look at

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3875442

as we got nearly the same problem within Netweaver portal runtime and SAP closed the other post..

I double checked every single step from Administrator guide but without any solution.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards

Michael Wecker