cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade sap netweaver gateway SP0 to SP7.

former_member522401
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Previously we have install add on for sap netweaver gateway 2.0(SP00/SP01)in our ECC 6.0 EHP6 IDES system.We have installed following components through transaction SAINT in our sap IDES ECC6.0 EHP6.I am unable to find t-code SEGW

GW_CORE  200

IW_FND  250

IW_BEP   200

IW_CBS   200

IW_CNT    200

IW_SCS    200

Now we want to upgrade sap netweaver gateway to SP7.(to get t-code SEGW)

Could you please help me ,how can  upgrade sap netweaver gateway to SP7 to get t-code SEGW.

Now i have some questions?

1.Can i install components IW_HDB  100 in our ECC system through transactions SAINT.

If i install this components can i get t-code SEGW.

2.What are the prerequisites for apply components IW_HDB  100.

3.Or any other procedure i need to to get t-code SEGW.

4.Or is there any procedure to upgrade sap netweaver gateway from SP00 to SP07

Please help me ...

Thanks in advance

Debasis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey All,

Its quite late, but I need your experiences post up-gradation.

When we upgrade Netweaver Gateway, what happens to the existing OData services? Does it require any modifications as the gateway is upgrading? What are all the dependencies?

Please respond.

Thanks

gopi_nidjelli2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ady,

We have the same situation. After upgrade we find that enhanced fiori app doesn't work and the new addition to the odata service doesn't reflect in the enhanced..  Any thoughts?

Thanks.

former_member522401
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks all,

Now finally i am going to apply support package 4 .

Could you please provide me step by step procedure or document for applying support package.

Because first time i am going to apply support pakage . i am little worry ....

Please give me some documents or links that will help me to apply support package successfully.

Thanks

Debasis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In short span of time i am able to find the good documentation on google is

http://www.saptraininghub.com/support-package-stack-updates/

You can check other links also for references

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3376892

If your issue is resolved please close the thread.

Regards,

SG

SyambabuAllu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

As Surojit Suggested above post you can follow for Upgrade the SAP NW GW Components.

If you want more on this go through below links

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-gateway/blog/2013/09/16/upgrading-gateway-to-sp007-step-by-st...http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gateway20sp06/helpdata/en/76/08828d832e4aa78748e9f82204a864/content.htm

Thanks,

Syam

former_member522401
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Syam,

In our system we have

IW_BEP   200          0003(level)

Can i get t-code SEGW if i upgrade to IW_BEP  200    level to 0004.

Or i need to apply support package for all.

Thanks

debasis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You are supposed to apply all the support packages one by one i.e. SP04 then SP05 then SP06 and so on...thats too using SPAM tool not SAINT.

SPAM is for support packages( like SP04, SP05, SP06) and SAINT is for applying Add-On Packages which you are installing for the first time like you are talking about IW_HDB (It need to be applied by SAINT)

SAP recommends to upgrade the support packs to latest stack to get best performance and compatibility. As of now Support pack stack(SPS){Stack is nothing but collection of different s/w packages here in your case all those IW_FND IW_BEP IE_CNT and so on form a stack} 07 is latest in market for SAP Netweaver Gateway 2.0.

So please apply all the packages till latest stack or in case if you are not applying latest stack please make sure all the software components of Gateway should be at same level. I means to say that if you are thinking to upgrade only IW_BEP to SP04 please upgrade other components also to SP04)

Regards,

SG

former_member522401
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Surojit,

You mean that i need to apply SP4 then 5,6,7.

Can i apply support package 06 directly in my ECC system with out applying SP4,SP5.

If i apply SP 6 through SPAM in my above IDES ECC 6.0 EHP6 system what might be the problem ?

Thanks

Debasis

SyambabuAllu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

Yes,You can apply all relevant SP4 components in your system you will get SEGW tcode.

Thanks,

Syam

former_member522401
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Syam,

Can i apply SP 6 directly to my system without applying SP4,5

What will hapen if i apply SP6.What might be the problem i will have to face during apply of SP6?

Thanks

Debasis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis

No you can't apply SP06 directly without SP05 and SP04 and so on... because SP06 has dependency of SP05. Similarly SP05 has dependency of SP04 and so on. (You can't expect baby(Additional Gateway functionalists) without efforts)

For second question NO you can't apply Support packages using SAINT as SAINT never accepts Support packages. Each package whether it is support package or add-On package has its attributes with help of those attributes SPAM/SAINT tools detects whether it is SP/Add-On and what are the dependencies. We can't modify those Attributes.

Regards,

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

You can upgrade SAP Netweaver Gateway 2.0 from SPS01 to SPS07 using TA SPAM.

Download the packages from SAP Market Place and import the packages using SPAM tool. Its similar to SAINT tool. Only difference is SPAM is used to import Support packages and SAINT is used to import Add-Ons in system.

1. Yes you can import IW HDB 100 in your system as IW_HDB 100 is build for NW 702 system and you are running on NW 731. Packages build for NW 702 are compatible with NW 731.

2. Prerequisite of IW_HDB 100 is IW_BEP 200 SP04. which you are planning to import in your system. So at this point of time you do not need to worry about dependencies.

3. In term of other procedures you can carry out the upgrade using SUM tool. But i would suggest you to use SPAM tool because SUM needs lot of efforts specifically while upgrading simple stacks.

former_member522401
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Surojit,

In my system i have installed IW_BEP 200  SP3.

If i install IW_BEP SP4 through SAINT can i get transaction code SEGW .Have a look                                                                                                          

level

GW_CORE  200           0003          

IW_FND  250                0003

IW_BEP   200              0003

IW_CBS   200              0000

IW_CNT    200             0000

IW_SCS    200             0003

Please help me.....What should i do ?

Thanks

Debasis

SyambabuAllu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

Yes,Service Builder(SEGW) is a new transaction in available as of SP4 and and further enhanced in SP5 to make life easier for experienced ABAP developers  and SAP experts who are less into writing code. It is now available as part of the software component IW_BEP for SAP NetWeaver Gateway SP5 and can be deployed as an add-on to SAP NetWeaver 7.0 or higher.

Thanks,

Syam

former_member522401
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks syam,

If i upgrade IW_BEP to SP4 through  transaction SAINT then my problem will be solved.After that my configuration remain same or it will be changed .

Is there any step i need to performed after upgrade add-on IW_BEP  to SP4.

Is there any prerequisites i should performe before upgrade add on IW_BEP 200 to SP4

After that can i apply add-on IW_HDB  100  through same transaction SAINT.

Thanks

Debasis