Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Material Code with plant wise difference Purchase Order Text

former_member358181
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Requirement is, we have one material code of Spare Parts but plant wise difference PO text

Scenario is, one Spare Parts of material suppose ABC but this material technical specification is difference as per plant wise. This technical specification requires for when purchase the material, same text will be pickup in PR & PO for help the purchase dept.

Please guide me.

Devendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Better Option is when we create a  Purchase Requisition and in  material description  , we can add the things required and from that PR we can create PO .

In the PO , what the description we are maintaining in PR that will come in PO and also in the printing .

former_member358181
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for response,

Using FM read_text through, we can fetch the text data from material memo.

But we can’t understand or write the logic to this text data, how to show in PR text.

Please help me, how to write the code?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moderator message:

Take help of an ABAPer or take an ABAP training.

If you want self study ABAP then you can find plenty stuff in the ABAP space and in help.sap.com and other web sites. But do not expect to get the ready to use coding here, or even a full ABAP training as a reply to a discussion.

Discussion locked.

Please read

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the right place for plant specific text without need to change anything in output programs is the info record

former_member358181
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is it possible, any Function Module or any other option through pickup in PR in material PO text which have maintain in MRP4 view - Material Memo.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this would require a modification, and a modification would have a negative impact on the performance of a MRP run.

Please read also OSS note 27136 - Purchase requisitions from planning: Text not copied

former_member358181
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for response,

We are using the material memo field for text. As suggested, we have checked the exit: MEREQ001 and the BAdI: ME_PROCESS_REQ_CUST, but not getting the logic for fetches the material memo text to PR Material PO text.

Please guide me.

Devendra

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All long text is stored in table STXH and STXL. The key of this table is Text object , the text ID , the language, and a combination of material number and plant in case of material memo.

Just create one text manually, in the text editor choose from menu GOTO > header and you will see all those info that you need.

To fetch this data you have to make use of function module READ_TEXT

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may use the FM: Read_text for fetching the text. You can use the FM using the text id: LTXT, Language: EN, Object: MDTXT and name as your material code (in 18 digit length) and plant as shown below:

Foe the "Name" field format, you may check the table STXH with object name MDTXT and ID: LTXT.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member358181
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have gone through the reply given by you and our requirement is in MRP4 view of material master there is a button labelled material memo in this we can give the text required example specifications.

After that using Above mentioned Bapi we need to display that text automatically from material memo in purchase requisition material po text in item level.

Using the above given we can fetch the data using FM read_text by giving required fields and my requirement is how to make it display in that particular material po text field.Can you provide me a sample code to read text and then write in standard PR particularly.

Many Thanks,

Devendra.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The PO text in material master in client specific.

If you want plant specific text in material master, you can maintain it in MRP4 view - Material Memo (Text ID: LTXT). The same can be pulled to reports / Printout using the FM: Read_text with text ID: LTXT

Regards,

AKPT

former_member358181
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for response,

As suggested, I have maintained the text in MRP4 view - Material Memo but that text isn’t pickup in PR in text tab. And which you have given FM: Read_text this is using for report / printout.

Info records also checked and maintained the text in purchase info records by vendor, plant and material number, but same text isn’t pickup in PR in text tab. Info record it isn’t work here because Vendor not fixed.

But client requirement, that text details it is pickup in PR in item text because putting the requirement they should be check.

Devendra

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no way without modification, PR is internal, and if your material is already internally different, then you better create 2 different materials.

The memo field will not go to the PO without modification either

The info record text is taken in the PO, you may only check once if the info record is maintained properly, then you can usually trust your masterdata

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you can't achieve this via material master as plant level.

Because material master is client level data.

In PR, text in only copied from material master-purchase order text.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The material memo wont be defaulted in to purchasing documents automatically in standard. You may go for development to copy the material memo from MRP4 view to PR text. You may check the exit: MEREQ001 and the BAdI: ME_PROCESS_REQ_CUST.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have a similar conversation about this.

Check the thread

It is not possible in sap standard.

Because the view is not dependent on Plant level data.

You can go for a development to achieve this..