cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing ARKTX field in sales order by variant configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear professionals,

I have a question that it is really vital for me to find the answer.

First of all the case is like this:

I have a 3 characteristics as following:

1-  SOCHANGE which is linked to VCSD_UPDATE table field ARKTX .

2- LENGTH which is our sheet length .

3- WIDTH which is our sheet width .

the scenario is that i want to change the configurable material description based on the LENGTH and WIDTH specified which can be every thing.

for doing so i created a procedure in CU01 to write the appropriate dependency, but i dont know how to write the code since i want the SOCHANGE to be some thing like this.

$SELF.SOCHANGE = 'SHEET' + LENGTH + WIDTH .

Please help me to wite the correct dependency wich is the combination of sheet and length and width .

Thank you so much inadvance .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mozhgan,

I think that a possible solution could be using an User-defined Function, called via an object dependency (procedure). There is a nice example in the Variant Configuration (LO-VC) document available on help.sap.com (here).

The function will get as input the length and width characteristic values, concatenate them with sheet and return the sochange characteristic, all this by means of the object dependency.

Just try it out and let me know in case of any trouble.

With kind regards,

Flavio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Flavio,

Thank you so much indeed for your helpful answer.

In fact I wrote a function module and created a module. linked it to the configuration profile of the configurable material and it worked

Thank you again.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kakshat
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mozhgan,

If I understand correctly, what you're looking for is the syntax for concatenating values. For that, you should use the II (pipe) operator. Note that this allows concatenation only up to 30 characters.

Regards,

Akshat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

Thank you for your response. but I think this syntax is used for strings not concatenating Characteristics values .

Thank you so much.

Regards,