cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comments section for each Travel Services while raising a Travel Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, In TRIP transaction under the Request Transportation/Accomodation Each service - Flight, Rail, Hotel and Car doesnt have a comment section But the same is available on the portal. Please assist how to get the comments section in the back end for Travel services. Thanks in advance, Francis Fernandes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to configure your trip schema  field level . so that you will get in back end system.

Check table - T706S.

we will find your schema details, there you can make change as per your need, so that it will be visible in your  travel exp or travel request form.

Hope this will help  you

Thanks

Anwar Hossain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwar,

I guess you didnt get my question

In TRIP transaction under the Request Transportation/Accomodation Each service - Flight, Rail, Hotel and Car doesnt have a comment section But the same is available on the portal. Please assist how to get the comments section in the back end for Travel services. Thanks in advance

It is for the Booking Flight and so on and not the general comment section

Regards,

Francis

0 Kudos

Hi Francis

I just had a look at our standard system and cant see how you could make this possible for the GUI transaction, the problem also is that the schema PL underpins alot of background processes so is not easily modifiable (without causing significant problems!)

As far as I can see  - you can only add comments in the dropdown under the alternative cost assignment field.

cheers

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

Just out of Curiousity... Dont you think SAP should have the Comment section added in the GUI as

The POrtal gives the users to enter the comments and the approvers wont be able to view what comments the users have entered.

Could be a good enhancement that SAP could do ? What do you think ?

Many Thanks,

Francis

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP officially recommends not to use the ancient SAPGUI transactions TP* anymore for exactly the kind of reason that causes you problems in your business process. They are still partially maintained by SAP but there will be no further enhancements/adaptions. If you'd use the web scenarios with adobe forms, your requirement could be fulfilled very easily.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francis,

TRIP transaction is out of time. So I think SAP will not do any changes to this transaction anymore. (Only maintenance which should be even nothing)

So why you are not modifying this transaction?

But of course, as Lukas just wrote. Just use the current solution WebDynpro for ABAP. And often not known. Do you not need to implement the SAP portal for that.

Best regards,

Sigi

0 Kudos

Hi Francis

I guess its not really my place to comment whether this is a desired enhancement or not! Though the release strategy means that the portal and ESS becomes the more usual technology to deliver travel planning and request and this has seen limited development in TRIP transaction as a result and certain fields possible only via FITVFELD_WEB only. (Similar example is the REGION field in travel request for  TRIP)

So I guess whilst you could submit a development request (the ubiquitous note 11 has more info!) I suspect it is unlikely it will be enhanced!

Cheers

Sally

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
the ubiquitous note 11 has more info!

Oh you -_-

0 Kudos

The mythical powers of note 11 never cease to amaze!

Answers (0)