cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PB12.5 and Microsoft WebBrowser OLE Control - object doesn't support querySelectorAll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to run a JasperReport inside PB12.5 application using an Ole control (Microsoft WebBrowser). All works fine until at some point the web control(?) returns error "Object doesn't support property or method "querySelectorAll". The report is a sample report that comes with Jasper.

What I have learned from the web it would be a compatibility issues, IE support s this method first in IE8.  When I retrieve the report using e.g. IE10 or Chrome all is fine.

My question is - what options do I have to solve this issue? I don't think that I have the possibility to change users registry so the solution would need to be e.g. that I can the the PB application to use users current default browser or have a web control that I can control (e.g. .Net component that I then could use true "Interop".

The second question to all PB users that use OpenSource Jasper-solutions to do reporting is - what kind solutions have implement and how you you have resolved e.g. sending username/password and parameters to the reports.

Thanks,

ktp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ...

Have you specified internet explorer emulation control version ..?

By default WebBrowser (OLE) control works on a very old (not sure which/what) version, I recomend you to check what version is been emulated.

AP

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might want to post this over in the PowerBuilder Developer Center.