Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significance of region in Amount calculation for booking mileage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to SAP Travel management and I have 2 questions:

1. I want to know how the amount is calculated when mileage is booked in expense report.

2. If I want to delimit the record, should I do that for just the trip country or for all the regions of the trip country?

Below is the detailed config:

Trip Provision Variant-10, Trip Country-US

We have view V_T706F maintained for all the regions of USA as per table T702O.

We have configured "No Cumulation" in Assign Cumulation Procedure for Vehicle Type/Class.

Below is the sample of the view V_T706F

I am booking the mileage for employee who belongs to US country code(Trip country US) and the expense amount is always calculated based on the config. shown in the detail image.

Does it imply that region does not matter here and the amount is calculated based on trip country only. If so, then why to have region wise entry in T706F. If not, then could you please tell me when is the region taken into consideration?

Also, what if I want to delimit the record, should I do that for just the trip country or for all the regions of the trip country?

Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rinku,

1. The mileage amount is calculated based on the combination of config entries mainatined in T706F for a trip variant i.e. Vehicle type, class, country, no of miles, travel cost reimbursement group, period parameter, activity type, etc, etc...

2. Delimiting a record depends on the business requirement. For e.g. If you would like maintain a new reimbursement rate for a combination of the country and region and no of miles for a particular vehicle type and class then you will just delimit that entry but if the mileage rates are changing for vehicle type and class combination then you will need to delimit all entries. Hope that makes sense!

3. Region should play a role in the mileage reimbursement calculation (if maintainmed in T706F) and the field is activated PTRV_UTIL_KMVER-RGION is activated for the trip variant and schema via tcode FITVFELD_WEB. If you have maintained the config entries in T706F with region defined but the region field is not activated then I think you should get an error in the portal when claiming mileage.

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for your response.

I checked PTRV_UTIL_KMVER-RGION is activated for the trip variant. But still my doubt is when i book the mileage it takes value as per the highlighted row in the below screen, in which case it will take the value based on other rows for example the one with trip country and region. Also, please refer to second ss for the PTRV_UTIL_KMVER-RGION.

Thank You,

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please post a screenshot of the mileage detail screen before and after accepting the entries?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

I notice your are a bit of an expert in Travel Management.

Please can you assist with my below issue as it urgently needs to be resolved?

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3472856

Thanks

Mike