cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with JDI 6.40 SP16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

We have WAS 6.40 SP16 and JDI SP16 over it in place. We are facing two major issues with JDI currently.

1. We are unable to create New DC's in existing tracks with users with developer rights. Previously we were able to do it.

2. While creating new track , i created new product and new SC and added 3 dependencies. Then i logged in to CMS did a update CMS and created track with that new SC. I can see thoes 3 SC's under Required Software Component. However when i move on to Transport Studio to complete the track preparation, i can not see thoes 3 SC's SAP-JEE, SAP_BUILDT , SAP_JTECHS in check in tab. Previously we were able to do it.

So any suggestion for resolving these issues

Thank You

Regards

Shobhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shoban,

copy (SAP_BUILDT.sca, SAP_JTECHS.sca, and SAPJEE.

sca from this os root

drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\global\CMS_CBS\plugins or archives)to drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\global\CMS_CBS\inbox) folder.

Basically u need copy from archives or plugin folder t into inbox folder.After that you will see (SAP_BUILDT.sca, SAP_JTECHS.sca, and SAPJEE.

sca) in ur check in tab.

In case if u dont find under those folder download from service market place and place inbox folder.

Let me know if you have any problems

Regards

Praveen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you tell little bit more about your first problem, like developers are not able create dc at all, or they able to but with some errors, explain me what is the exact problem

Regards

keerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi keerthi,

it is showing message that DC it created with some error however eventually no DC is being created.

regards

Shobhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked the log of your developer studio?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shoban,

May be the problem with used dc's, add proper standard used DC's, if you have proper dc's check authorization, or please give me error message what you are getting.

Regards

Keerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shobhan,

1. Do you get an error? Or are you able to see something in the logs?

2. Check if your check-in folder is configured correctly. Check if the versions you defined in the SLD for your required sc's are the same as the versions of the files you place in the check-in folder.

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

1. Ya i am getting error while creating new DC

<b>Development Component Creation completed with some error

Reason:

DC Creation failed</b>

and it will not proceed further. and it is giving [<b>i]Could not configure development component project; see log for details</i></b>.

2. How to check that what you suggested ?

Regards

Shobhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Check the log of your NWDS. In your workspace folder is a .metadata folder, there you should find the log file.

2. In the CMS, go to the check-in tab. There is a button configure check-in, where you can configure in what directory it will look for the sc's. Check if that is the directory where you placed the files.

Regards,

Christophe