Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM Planning jobs running on one application server only

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facign issue in our SCM system. When SCM team schedules a chain from RSPC; they select option as 'Host' and keep host name blank so that jobs do not remain limited to one server only. But the released planning related jobs for that chain; run on one particualar app server only from which it was scheduled. These jobs have high CPU usage and hence resulting in issues on that server as all run on one only.

Searched few things and found a tcode rsbatch which shows options which can be used for parallel processing. Based on that; I created a server group in SM61; which has multiple app servers and all the server have batch processes too. Then requested SCM team to schedule chain with selecting server group instead of host. But despite this; the jobs run on one server only. Tried with different job classes; but same result each time.

Our purpose is that the planning jobs should use multiple servers instead of running on one only.

Please help

Thanks

Varun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check SM61 settings, if any group is created over there and also check if only one apps server is added there.

Thanks.

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Yes; as updated in my first message; we already created sm61 group with multiple servers and it was also chosen while scheduling chain. Logon groups; parallel generators; batch WPs on all servers etc thing have been checked. But still when chain is scheduled; all the jobs created by chain go to that particualar server only and not use any other server

Thanks

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you think that you have already check all the details i think please raise message with sap.

Can you please provide the exact sp level and kernel version.

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you check the below option.

In order to fix a specific process chain, execute the following steps:

1. Edit the process chain using transaction RSPC1
  2. If the process chain is scheduled, remove it from scheduling
  3. Access menu 'Process chain' > Attribute  > Background Server
  4. Chose the application server; If you have only one server on your system, the transaction will set that field to initial
  5. Save and activate

As per the note .

1798382 - Error message "Too many parallel processes for chosen server X"

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishi for your reply.

Yes; I checked this option. The server group selected is correct as per note mentioned. But the issue is; despie using the server group; the jobs run on one server only

Thanks

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below two notes.

1530713 - Improved load balancing

1508504 - Load balancing in background processing

Mean while can you also confirm then patch level of your system.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol