cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to publish and consume web services in WAS 620?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears that Web Service Creation Wizard is only available in WAS 640. We only have WAS 620 installed. Do any of you know what are the steps to publish ABAP function modules as web services, as well as to consume web services?

Thanks,

Angela

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Have a look at the following weblogs:

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2005/02/14/webservices-a-real-world-implementation-experience

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/11/17/bsp-a-developers-journal-part-xiv--consuming-webservices-with-abap

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/11/15/bsp-150-a-developer146s-journal-part-xiii-developing-abap-webservices

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas, Sanjeev and Craig for your replies. I took a quick look at the links and it appears that I should be able to find my answers there. I will definitely give it a try.

Angela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angela,

If you want to expose function modules as web service, you can generate WSDL by running BSP application 'webservicebrowser'. If you want to consume a web service then it is a bit difficult but possible. Look at sample programs (rsvsoap*).

Also look at help document http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/94/f8c8a2e68811d6b2dc00508b5d5211/frameset.htm

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas' weblogs are great for learning about this, you should have caught him on the webcast last night. Watch for his session from the SDN Meets to be posted here on SDN.