Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW-MDM 7.1 SP10/SP11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks:

Appreciate your response...

We are planning to upgrade our NW-MDM to SP11.  Currently we use DB2 as the repository.  We are considering to move to HANA database....

Anyone know whether SP11 can be used with HANA database...?  What does it involve?  Not familiar with HANA.  What issue may crop up if we move to HANA?

Thanks..... Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Erdal_Şimşek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the MDM SP now you are at? What do you mean by "...DB2 as the repository"? DB2 is a database and a repository is an element in MDM. You can use MDM with DB2 though.

Currently, there are no plans for SAP MDM together with HANA. SRM-MDM is some sort of different (it is the SRM part that will be on HANA).

Regards,

Erdal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suman,

I donot think MDM Currently supports HANA database. MDM 7.1 sp11 has been recently released

you can check MDM SP11 central note for more details

Central Note for MDM 7.1 SP11 (SAP Note 1813437)

Regards

Vaibhav

0 Kudos

Dear Suman,

Net weaver MDM will support SAP HANA DBMS with the release of SP12.

Currently there is no available documentation on the guide lines for the implementation of MDM on HANA.

The following SAP Notes will be soon released to customer, please follow once they will be released for relevant information:

1.       1. 1899139 – MDM on HANA

2.       2. 1938462 - SAP NetWeaver MDM 7.1 SP12 Release

Thanks & Best Regards,

Alina Vainshtain

MDM Development Support

0 Kudos

Hi Alina,

Nice to hear from you that MDM will support HANA from SP12. However the notes you have mentioned are not yet released in SMP.

I have put the same question (MDM on HANA) few months back to SAP's MDM/MDG team via email, but they did not sound positive on this, neither it is mentioned anywhere in the latest NW MDM road map. I see MDG going with HANA and BigData from 7.0 onwards. Kindly give your inputs on this and any link(s) on this will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mohan Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

The mentioned notes will be released soon to SMP.

Just to be more specific regarding MDM on HANA release, the support will be limited to SRM-MDM customers.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Alina Vainshtain

MDM Development Support