cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

If we want to restrict our sales area to some specific sales document types we will go for Combine Sales Organization, Distribution channel and Division.My doubt is how all sales document types are allowed for sales areas if we are not restricting.Please throw some light on  this.

Thanks and Regards,

Aditya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

aditya,

My doubt is how all sales document types are allowed for sales areas if we are not restricting.

This is the way SAP has built this functionality.

If there are no entries in t-code OVAZ (Assign Sales Area to Sales document type) then any document type can be used for any sales area during the creation of sales orders, quotations etc etc..

Side comment - We have to accept certain things, as those have been built by SAP

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathiji,

We will do Common Distribution/Div (VOR1/2)---For Customer Extendability.

we will do OVAO/OVAM/OVAN for sales document type Extendability.

Even though We done Common Dist/Div settings but still we can restrict sales document types by Doing Combine sales Org/Dist Chnl/Division.

My Understanding is Correct sir.

Pl correct-if any.

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
If we want to restrict our sales area to some specific sales document types we will go for Combine Sales Organization, Distribution channel and Division

The above statement is incorrect.  Having common Distribution Channel and Division will not restrict the sales area.  Assigning a particular Sales area to a document type will only restrict the related transaction.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipati,

Thanks for the reply.Let me put my question in this way

1.We are not going for common Sales org/Distribution Channel/Divisions

2.We are not assigning Sales document types to Specific sales area

In the above case i think  different sales document types are allowed for the specific Sales Area.How this can be possible?

Please correct me if i am wrong.Please guide me on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Aditya

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Aditya,

Good question asked.Please remember that all the sales document types are customized based on the requirements of business.

A sales area can have no.of sales document types or

No.of sales areas can have one sales documents type  or

No of sales area can have no.of sales documents types.

---All the above 3 statements are completely dependent on Business.

If your own defined Sales document type has to be allowed to all your defined sales areas then--Dont do this Combine sales org/Dist.Channel/Div.

Even you can try with standard sales document type OR can be allowed if you dont maintain this step.

Hope this helps.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya......

In configuration level we are assigning to sales area to document types. if you want to more information follow the below screen and Observing there in IMG.

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

we are assigning sales ares to sales documents .. That is the reason